Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

tein S techs or Hallman MBC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2004, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go get yourself a highflow cat or testpipe
Old Sep 9, 2004, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just a question. but wouldn't a mbc allow you to hold closer to 19psi of boost to redline instead of the factory bc tapering down to 16psi after 6000rpms. thats what I understood from some of the post on here. if thats the fact. then, you would gain a little more top-end on the car with a boost controller holdin more boost to redline. please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm about to order a mbc. So, if i'm wrong I want have a need for it at the moment. thanks

-Chad-
Old Sep 9, 2004, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by boostfed
just a question. but wouldn't a mbc allow you to hold closer to 19psi of boost to redline instead of the factory bc tapering down to 16psi after 6000rpms. thats what I understood from some of the post on here. if thats the fact. then, you would gain a little more top-end on the car with a boost controller holdin more boost to redline. please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm about to order a mbc. So, if i'm wrong I want have a need for it at the moment. thanks

-Chad-
Yes, our cars run pig rich at the upper rpm's, so cranking it to 20-21psi is actually more optimal for our cars.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thoe99
Yes, our cars run pig rich at the upper rpm's, so cranking it to 20-21psi is actually more optimal for our cars.
from my research, getting a MBC is unsafe without any kind of fuel tunning.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

well, I was mainly asking about the boost taper. I don't plan on turning up the boost till I get a flash or some sort of ems. I believe if the car would just hold peak boost to redline, it would be better up top. the topend on this my evo kinda makes me mad. wish it was a little more peppy. I'm gonna eventually take care of the with cams, but untill then I would still like to hold 19psi to redline.

-Chad-
Old Sep 9, 2004, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get a boost controller until you at least have a boost gauge.

If you need rice, get the STechs. But I would save and get real suspension, instead of slamming your car and prematurely blowing your shocks

My recommendation is get gauges first. If you can't afford them, then you should wait to mod your car. Mod it right the first time.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

okai..since i cant get springs, nor MBC..i guess i am left with the HKS SSQV with the recirc kit..question, is it legal??
Old Sep 10, 2004, 02:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by The Emperor
from my research, getting a MBC is unsafe without any kind of fuel tunning.
Can you point me to some of this research? I know it's not safe to a degree, but the reason I got one is because I was only hitting 17.5-18psi most of the times. I have mine set at 19.5psi now.