Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

tein S techs or Hallman MBC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tein S techs or Hallman MBC

i only have money to buy either one, i need to know which is a better buy for now..for sure in the future i will have both, but i want your opinion on which is the better buy for now. I only have money for one of those. Optional tunning is out of my reach right now..just enough for one of those...I NEED YOUR OPINION!!

THANKS!
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you arent gonna do anything else i say go with the tein.

your boost is fine at 19psi right? no need to change it if you are keeping the stock box and exhaust.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

i would say the s.techs.one of the first mods i did.i don't like the stock height on the cars front.you can wait for more power
Old Sep 8, 2004, 05:45 PM

i plan on gettin the tien's also
Old Sep 8, 2004, 05:55 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Don't mean to be a ***** but if you're looking for S-Techs then I have a brand new set for sale in the 'for sale' section .
Old Sep 8, 2004, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

both are bad choices.. leave it stock for now until u have $$ for something better
if u insist to spend that money (about $100 i assume) on your car, go get a tint job or something
the suspension on an evo is not something u could improve with just lowering springs
setting that MBC @ 20 or 21 psi will not yield u much improvement neither; and there is no way u could set it correctly without an accurate boost gauge.. oh yea why dont u get a boost gauge with that money... perfect first cheap mod
Old Sep 8, 2004, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Sell yourself, then you could afford to buy all the mods you want.

Seriously, gauges are good.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
turbo timer with built-in boost gauge, like the Blitz DTT? (roughly 120 bucks)
Old Sep 8, 2004, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
springs won't improve handling; in most cases i've read they seem to harm the balance of the car.

get tinted, or save up.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

oh my set up right now is HKS type 1 turbo time, HKS Carbon Ti exhaust, HKS Downpipe, Defi Boost D- gauge...i did my research and found out taht having an MBC is really a bad idea if not tuned well with the rigth amount of fuel ...soo i was just thinking how bout an HKS SSQV BOV with the recirc kit..OR!! S techs???
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Get mbc, then springs. I always say performance first looks 2nd.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

hey i have a manual boost controller for sale.....it is a turbo xs dual stage boost controller...they sell on lancershop.com for about 230.00....i am selling for 175 shipped....good condition...PM me...
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

neither mbc nor springs are really performance related... but emperor... back to your question... since u've got a pretty complete HKS setup (my favorite, btw), i'd suggest completing the package with the hks rs intake, ssqv bov recirculated, and the hks fmic (if u get the bov package and the fmic u'll also have complete intercooler piping)... that should optimize the breathing of your car... dont even bother messing with the car's suspension unless you have a good 2 to 3 grand to waste... coilovers + a good alignment is what you should be aiming for (not just some cheap springs that only lowers the car) and hey if ure approaching 10,000 miles, make sure u have some money saved up for new tires (a good time to get new wheels and some more street friendly compound that lasts longer) well the list goes on and on... it all depends on your budget and what u are trying to achieve ultimately.. good luck
Old Sep 9, 2004, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

i had the HKS RS intake but i felt a loss of torque and power in the low end, and most of all i live in socal and the police and laws here are very strict, i got caught twice for the intake so i just sold it..it gave me too many problems, but i loved the way it sounded.. Im not sure even if the HKS ssqv bov is even legal in this state. i would love to have the HKS FMIC (the whole complete package) i even thought about getting HKS hiper max suspension kit. But see my plan is to get all the engines mods, put them all together and tune them at XS engineering all at the same time ..but thats not in a long time maybe a half a year.. as for now i wouldnt mind spending about 200 bucks and my making my car lowered for the time being..
Old Sep 9, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97660 << Springs.