Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SAFC2, bpu's, stock block and internals, stock turbo... who has made the most whp ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2004, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SAFC2, bpu's, stock block and internals, stock turbo... who has made the most whp ?

I am curious to resolve the following hypothesis: The maximum wheel hp the Evo can make is a function of the turbo it uses. Where the "stock" turbo is used and all other things being equal (bpu's, no internals, no head work, etc.) I believe that there is no advantage of using a 1) stand alone ecu v/s 2) piggy back (safc2) in making more power. The only immediate difference is the large disparity in price. Now, where one plans to do a turbo "upgrade," the benefits of having a stand alone ecu are uncontested.

So, can one make the same power using a stand alone v/s piggy back (safc2 in this case) - both methods of tuning being tuned by whatever "tuning expert" is relevant for this question.

Discuss....

4-BNGR
Old Sep 8, 2004, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've heared that SAFC2 can make 320 to the wheels