Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DynoFlash at Pruven continued.......

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SinCityEvo
No disrespect to Turbotrix, but they are taking advantage of this situation now that Al is against the ropes. They are not giving free reflashes because they are great guys, it's simply a way to drum up more business and steal Dynoflash customers in the future.

That's not true at all. TurboTrix helped me out a month ago. Never said it was free and didn't want it public. It is out of the kindness out of Mark's heart that this has been made known. My experience with TurboTrix is AWESOME and they KNOW how to tune. YOU should try them and you will see what you have been missing. TurboTrix - there IS a difference.

Regarding living in NE, the world has limited resources which means so does every person or business in it. What do you want? Oh, I know, for Al to be the best in the world. Sorry man, no amount of marketing can save a bad product.

Last edited by EVOTEXAS; Sep 8, 2004 at 11:19 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No disrespect to Turbotrix, but they are taking advantage of this situation now that Al is against the ropes. They are not giving free reflashes because they are great guys, it's simply a way to drum up more business and steal Dynoflash customers in the future.

I think it is both; they are Great People & with this offer, they will make more business. This is a "win-win situation"!
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So just because you can mail it in does that mean it is worth it, all the problems and dealing with Al. Poor you living in Vegas.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:23 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOFQ300
Dude Turbotrix does not need business. They are 3 weeks in advance booked up at all times. They are so busy it is not even funny. They got all the exposure they needed what with being the fasteset Evo in the world and all. Mark is trying to help some guys out who got hosed.
Fastest Evo in the world? Really? They up the power again?

To the people complaining: I don't really like TurboTrix's attitude on this board and I may have said that once or twice before, but you gotta strike while the iron is hot. Can't really fault them for offering this service.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Confused again!

Ok I posted on the other thread and said that because of the comments I wasn’t sure about Dynoflash. I will be in the market for an ECU upgrade of some sort soon.

But I have questions for SubieEvloved:
- If you have UTEC, why did you want a Dynoflash? I thought someone would buy either/or, not both.
- Please laborate on the map comparison you made when you got home: Did you have the UTEC race gas tune on map 2 and pump tune on map 1? Does that mean that Al flashed the ECU through UTEC on map 1? So when you got home you noticed map 1 matched map 2?
- Did Al make adjustments on UTEC, actually flashed the ECU, or do both?
- I mentioned in my last post that "unsatisfieds" showed no hard data. Would you mind posting a couple of screen shots showing the maps being identical?

I got UTEC information from here: http://www.turboxs.com/evoutec1.shtml

Let me know if this is not what you have. It seems to me that if Al can Dynoflash and get the same results as UTEC, Dynoflash would be the way to go… Some might rather spend $500 for custom Dynoflash than over $1,000 for UTEC.

I'm trying to make an educated decision about all of these types of systems as it applies to typical modification paths. Please keep replies to this technical.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Well there it is folks. From the Man Himself!
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:28 AM

subievolved, I was also at pruven that day , I had the other white evo there. I happend to be in the back room with a few other guys when Al went off on your pops. It's ****ed up the way he flipped on him, I can understand him protecting the shop and customer cars that are being worked on but there was deffinatly a nicer way for him to ask him to stand back from the car if he was worried your pops was gonna somehow damage it by being too close?!? There was really no reason for him to threaten him like that. Sorry that **** had to happen.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
That's not true at all. TurboTrix helped me out a month ago. Never said it was free and didn't want it public. It is out of the kindness out of Mark's heart that this has been made known. My experience with TurboTrix is AWESOME and they KNOW how to tune. YOU should try them and you will see what you have been missing. TurboTrix - there IS a difference.

Regarding living in NE, the world has limited resources which means so does every person or business in it. What do you want? Oh, I know, for Al to be the best in the world. Sorry man, no amount of marketing can save a bad product.
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Wow.

Looks like someone will have to go back to fighting parking tickets now.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

You know EvoTexas, you come across as a real jerk. Talk about Al. You are way out of line in all these threads. Just because you are dissatisfied with Dynoflash does not mean you should spread trash and condemn the company as a whole.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by netmand
Ok I posted on the other thread and said that because of the comments I wasn’t sure about Dynoflash. I will be in the market for an ECU upgrade of some sort soon.

But I have questions for SubieEvloved:
- If you have UTEC, why did you want a Dynoflash? I thought someone would buy either/or, not both.
- Please laborate on the map comparison you made when you got home: Did you have the UTEC race gas tune on map 2 and pump tune on map 1? Does that mean that Al flashed the ECU through UTEC on map 1? So when you got home you noticed map 1 matched map 2?
- Did Al make adjustments on UTEC, actually flashed the ECU, or do both?
- I mentioned in my last post that "unsatisfieds" showed no hard data. Would you mind posting a couple of screen shots showing the maps being identical?

I got UTEC information from here: http://www.turboxs.com/evoutec1.shtml

Let me know if this is not what you have. It seems to me that if Al can Dynoflash and get the same results as UTEC, Dynoflash would be the way to go… Some might rather spend $500 for custom Dynoflash than over $1,000 for UTEC.

I'm trying to make an educated decision about all of these types of systems as it applies to typical modification paths. Please keep replies to this technical.
He has both since the new open loop firm ware is not out yet and will be soon so he did not want to spend money on a utec tune then have to get it retuned with open loop when it came out..

Al can not get the same results on the dynoflash.. THe utec has 5 maps you can select from.. Utec gives user tunability, knock detection, and in open loop will have a ton of other sweet features.

The map comparison was this.. He had the race gas map on his map 5 when he went in, then after we pulled off what was ont he utec after tuning and compared it to the original map he went in with that i had on my laptop. That is not in question, Pruven already said they did not make any changes, they said that off the shelf base txs map baselined FIRST pull 357 or something... They helped erik, and erik is not bitter with them.. Not sure why you are dwelling on the utec maps when Pruven even said they didnt touch it since it was so spot on already..
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
All these emails are making me sick ... Im going to post up a new thread under evo general, but figured i'd post up on this thread first.

I am scheduling a dyno reflash day. This will consist of a max of 8 people, all of whom are dissatified with dynoflash. The cost of this flash is zero ... thats right for free. Bring your car down with your old dynosheet and we'll baseline the car. I'll spend my time to fix and help out the people that got screwed. I am so tired of hearing from people that are dissatisfied by this guy, and from people that have been lied to and cheated. I have helped some people out in the past with the same situation but havent made it public. All i keep hearing is the bashing that goes on at these events from al. Anyone that has problems with their car i will do my best to not only diagnose but fix the problem. No-one will leave with less power then they came in with. I will find out a good date that works for the 8 people and we'll get this done. Its just unfortunate that you guys had to go through this.... Look foward to meeting you guys ..

Mark
Turbotrix Racing
Mark you are a very good man Godbless you
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

That is one way to look at it.

The other way is that they are giving some guys- who have had no success with Dynoflash- the opportunity to tune them for free.

For those particular guys, that's all that matters right?
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

So just because you can mail it in does that mean it is worth it, all the problems and dealing with Al. Poor you living in Vegas
If WORKS, Vishnu and Dynoflash can do mail-ins, why not Turbotrix if they are so great and can tune better than the others. Al and Shiv both travel to do tuning.

BTW, I never had a problem with Al. He was very nice to me on my custom tune even though he was stressing from being behind schedule. When I had a mail in prior to that, Fedex did not bring my ECU the next morning and Al tracked it down and fought with them on the phone to get me my package or it would have come the next day. That's bad customer service?

Last edited by SinCityEvo; Sep 8, 2004 at 11:50 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You know EvoTexas, you come across as a real jerk. Talk about Al. You are way out of line in all these threads. Just because you are dissatisfied with Dynoflash does not mean you should spread trash and condemn the company as a whole.
Who are you, Al's MiniMe?

BTW, If you actually READ the posts I have made, half of them have said that all of this is not as much against Al as a vendor as it is his staple product, the Dynoflash. I have written that multiple times. Try something else.

BTW, I come across to YOU as a jerk because you are hugging Al's ankle like a cat who doesn't want him to leave home. I come across as a harsh dissatisfied ex-customer speaking the truth to the ones not emotionally attached to Al.