Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DynoFlash at Pruven continued.......

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story with us dude. Your helping out the Evo people alot man.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:48 AM

Wow, I should get a prize, after Al and Nastea made some allegations (involving me which were completely untrue) on ****vishnu.com - which Al is affiliated with and has moderator priviledges (which I know for a fact). I made one final post telling them how stupid they were, because Mark is a nice guy and probably wouldn't let Al keep slandering them, probably putting their car in the same class as Al's (fortunately for him he got some help from David, AMS and Pruven) and eventually getting extremely competitive on price on their reflash, as TT is a full service shop that doesen't need reflash money to stay in business. Frankly, it was just plain stupid for Al to trash TT when they have a operating cost and knowledge advantage.

And my Dynoflash had the same stalling problem as the White evo, minus the fact mine had stock Cams.

Al can be a nice guy to hang out with and I do think he's honest, but he just let's his moods and ego get in the way of conducting a business. If he spent half the time he does trash talking and used it to learn about engines and tuning he would be one of the best tuners out there.
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SinCityEvo
If WORKS, Vishnu and Dynoflash can do mail-ins, why not Turbotrix if they are so great and can tune better than the others. Al and Shiv both travel to do tuning.
Why don't you ask Turbotrix?
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If WORKS, Vishnu and Dynoflash can do mail-ins, why not Turbotrix if they are so great and can tune better than the others. Al and Shiv both travel to do tuning.
Because they are running a different business and may not want or care to compete in the comparitively unreliable "mail in" segment of the tuning market.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by metaphysical
Wow, I should get a prize, after Al and Nastea made some allegations (involving me which were completely untrue) on ****vishnu.com - which Al is affiliated with and has moderator priviledges (which I know for a fact). I made one final post telling them how stupid they were, because Mark is a nice guy and probably wouldn't let Al keep slandering them, probably putting their car in the same class as Al's (fortunately for him he got some help from David, AMS and Pruven) and eventually getting extremely competitive on price on their reflash, as TT is a full service shop that doesen't need reflash money to stay in business. Frankly, it was just plain stupid for Al to trash TT when they have a operating cost and knowledge advantage.

And my Dynoflash had the same stalling problem as the White evo, minus the fact mine had stock Cams.

Al can be a nice guy to hang out with and I do think he's honest, but he just let's his moods and ego get in the way of conducting a business. If he spent half the time he does trash talking and used it to learn about engines and tuning he would be one of the best tuners out there.

I agree, on the part that Bush is a moron
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

If mail ins are "unreliable", then why can the other tuners offer it and stand behind their product. Now you are saying all mail ins are unreliable regardless of which tuner did it? C'mon.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

He's just saying that because EVERY car is different. The guy next to you who got the flash might net better results than you. Thats why they prefer to do it in person, so your happy.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

And why should they? Dynoflash is not their product so why should they be responsible for distributing it? They could charge for the dyno time and man hours involved with retuning 8 cars but they are not and that is very admirable. that is going to be a full days income that is sacraficed. Sure it can be viewed as a marketing ploy but in turn they are helping 8 people in this situation.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If mail ins are "unreliable", then why can the other tuners offer it and stand behind their product. Now you are saying all mail ins are unreliable regardless of which tuner did it? C'mon.
Because not every tuner wants to put their name and reputation on a reflash they can not personally guarentee will run 100%.. Every car is different and so is the environment, altitude,temp, gas etc.. Some are willing to take that chance.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's why some times I miss the east coast... because of tuners like mark and 94 gas

I will miss cali
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=
I will never give Al anymore of my business nor will I recommend him to anyone. I can honestly say I am 80% satisfied with the dynoflash product and 100% dissatisfied with dynoflash as a company.
ERIK[/QUOTE]

I fully concur with your summary of "Parts Changer" I mean ****Flash. Only difference is I'm 100% dissatisfied X 2 . My personal expiriences more than mirror yours.
Evolved Member

I don't buy it. There are probably over a thousand mail in flashed Evos driving around the US from the 3 tuners that do mail ins and I have not read a single thread of any catastrophic failures due to these flashes. The mail in from what I understand is a conservative tune and still safe and provides some gains. Dynoflash only claims maybe 15 HP with a mail in.

I logged over 6k miles with my flash without even a hiccup from the engine. I run it to redline everyday, runs fine, pulls hard.

Last edited by SinCityEvo; Sep 8, 2004 at 12:16 PM.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ruthless evo 8
And why should they? Dynoflash is not their product so why should they be responsible for distributing it? They could charge for the dyno time and man hours involved with retuning 8 cars but they are not and that is very admirable. that is going to be a full days income that is sacraficed. Sure it can be viewed as a marketing ploy but in turn they are helping 8 people in this situation.

Put it this way I have set up dynodays for turbotrix and they fill up very quickly. They don't need this as a marketing ploy. Having the fastest EVO and being the best DSM/EVO/SUBARU show in the Northeast is enough. Mark is really doing this to help the EVO community because he is more of an enthusiast then Big Al will proclaim ever.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:13 PM

I don't buy it. There are probably over a thousand main in flashed Evos driving around the US from the 3 tuners that do mail ins and I have not read a single thread of any catastrophic failures due to these flashes. The mail in from what I understand is a conservative tune and still safe and provides some gains. Dynoflash only claims maybe 15 HP with a mail in.

I logged over 6k miles with my flash without even a hiccup from the engine. I run it to redline everyday, runs fine, pulls hard.
Ok then don't "buy it".
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

TT try not to do mail ins because as stated every car is different and needs different tuning. If you want a generic flash by all means stay with dynoflush. Sincityevo Just like some people here are smart and some are really stupid, every car is different.

Last edited by EVOFQ300; Sep 8, 2004 at 12:16 PM.