Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DynoFlash at Pruven continued.......

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Az3ar
That's why some times I miss the east coast... because of tuners like mark and 94 gas

I will miss cali
No more 94, just 93
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SinCityEvo
I don't buy it. There are probably over a thousand mail in flashed Evos driving around the US from the 3 tuners that do mail ins and I have not read a single thread of any catastrophic failures due to these flashes. The mail in from what I understand is a conservative tune and still safe and provides some gains. Dynoflash only claims maybe 15 HP with a mail in.

I logged over 6k miles with my flash without even a hiccup from the engine. I run it to redline everyday, runs fine, pulls hard.

Hiccup, is that how you guys know how fast your car is after the dynoflash?? Any dyno sheet from you??? I would like to see your dyno sheet before and after.

I don’t know who can answer my question but does AL have Moderators rights on his forums to delete posts and threads? All the threads from yesterday were closed and deleted.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo_doer
No more 94, just 93

94 is available in Va I am sure in sunco. Maybe you can't find it in NY and NJ....

Mhyar
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

TT try not to do mail ins because as stated every car is different and needs different tuning. If you want a generic flash by all means stay with dynoflush. Sincityevo Just like some people here are smart and some are really stupid, every car is different
Okay. Tell Shiv his X flash is generic and WORKS also who charge big $$$ for their PI and 2 THROUGH THE MAIL.

Hum, let's see. Vishnu, WORKS and Dynoflash all do mail-in but TT does not. 3 versus 1 odd tuner.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tanner_Hall
thanks for telling your story. stuff like this definitely needs to be heard.
I'll second that.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by SinCityEvo
Okay. Tell Shiv his X flash is generic and WORKS also who charge big $$$ for their PI and 2 THROUGH THE MAIL.

Hum, let's see. Vishnu, WORKS and Dynoflash all do mail-in but TT does not. 3 versus 1.
Ok you win.

Why don't you give TT a call I'm sure they will answer all your questions.

Just because WORKS, dynoflash and Vishnu do flashes through the mail; doesn't mean TT should. I'm sure TT has a reason as well, so pick up the phone and call.

MJT
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Just because everyone else does it, does'nt mean everybody has to do it. The other guys can do as they please. TT prefers to do fully custom flashes. As far as the other tuners mentioned does anyone hear multiple complaints about them?. No. Remove your head from Al's ***.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
94 is available in Va I am sure in sunco. Maybe you can't find it in NY and NJ....

Mhyar
No! 94 is not available in Va nor in Sunoco...
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:25 PM
Account Disabled

Remember - there are several side to every story

The reason why his Father was polietly asked to leave the service area of the shop was becuase he had been walking about in areas clearly maked "DO NOT ENTER" - had been asked already to not enter those areas - he has been takling his hand and rubbing it all over my paint job to 'see if its real flames' - (my car was parking in the area clearly marked as a NO ENTRY location) - then he entered the shop area walked up to the lift and was reaching up in the air and rubbing the Pruven car to 'see it it was real flames'

I have no disrepect to the man's father - I just feel that "LOOK BUT DON'T TOUCH" is the proper way to conduct your self when it comes to looking at other people's race cars - and I find it annoying that he not only was tocuhing and rubbing the cars - BUT that he was going into areas that he should not enter to do so

Pruven had its car all the way UP in the air on a shop lift to avoid this scenario during the dyno pad and despite this - this guy goes into the service work area and reaches up into the air to fondle the car on the lift

Not a proper way to act

I told him simply that he should leave the shop area and return to the waiting area as if the shop owner Dan saw him in the work area runbing his car he would probably be asked to leave the permsies - PERIOD. There were no insults no profanity no absuse - just that simple assertion - which I feel was appropriate under those circumstances.

I have certainly heard a lot worse in my days.

If you think this makes me a jerk - and dont want to buy my tuning services - I'll understand and respect your view.

As for the phone call I receieved from this guy - - he called me at 11:30 p.m. on Sunday night as I was falling to bed to tell me that he was "screwed on his uetc tune"

What happened is that I gave him a regular Dyno Flash base map for pump gas - here is the Dyno Sheet :

Then BY SPECIAL REQUEST - Kenny from Pruven was to do a UTEC tune on his car directly afterwards for an additional $100

The Utec tune was for a race gas map

The Utec tuning netted 360 whp - which is a record at Pruven on stock turbo and stock intercooler

BTW - Kenny is one of the best Utec tuners anywhere and they normally charge $250 for a utec tune for the 1st hour. he does an amazing job as indictaed with the 360 whp results

I was not doing the Utec tune - I did not observe it - I was elsewhere road testing cars. I only saw the finished Dyno Sheet

When the customer called me as I was sleeping at 11:30 p.m. on a Sunday night I asked him WHY his call could not wait till business hours

He was yelling and saying that he was screwed with the UTEC tune as he still has the same map

I told him that I did not do the tune - as he knew - did not charge him the money and that he should call Pruven - period

The issue of what was done on his UTEC tune and which map he had and IF a mistake was made on laoding the worng map should ALL have been addressed with Pruven as I DO NOT have any UTEC expertise and was not privy to what was done other than that the result was amazing

As for his idel situation - it did not have a problem stalling during my road test. I was trying to dupliacte the condition in the parking lot but could not. The customer was able to dupliacte the stalling so we raised his idel. End of problem.

In conclusion - it is clear that this customer's friend Dave - Spec C from Wrx forums did not like me going into this tune. It is clear that they were having doubts before I did the tune. It is clear that no matter what I did or did not do these people where going to SECOND GUESS and criticize me

I offer a money back guarantee - when your'e getting a custom tune - at the end of the tuning sesssion - IF you are not 100% happy with the dyno sheet - with my test drive - with your test drive - all you have to do is simply say - "I am not happy - please flash me back to stock" YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY A DIME. Wed dont ask for payment until the job is 100% finsihed and a road test is done. If you are not happy - if you think my additude sucks - if you dont like me - if you hate the tune - what ever the deal - Just say - "I don't like the results" AND YOU DONT PAY ! I flash you back to stock and we shake hands and leave

What is totally insane about this situation here is that in this case - the customer recieved some of our best work

The trq curve on the dyno sheet is really wonderful - linear and smooth

Its some great power considering the air temps 93 degrees in the dyno room and high humidity with lots and lots of exhuast fumes in the shop from a long day of dynoing

I stand behind my work. I am proud of this tune and the way it runs in the car.

I am sorry if this customer was offended by my manner. However - I truely feel that there were some preconcieved feelings going into this tuning appointment which aggrivated the customer - tuner relationship.

Again - the results speak volumes for what we do

If you dont like your dyno sheet - I suggest you go to the new Turbo Tricks dyno day and get a FREE flash as you are clearly a customer who I "screwed" I guess

Last edited by DynoFlash; Sep 8, 2004 at 12:34 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

You guys like name calling but no one has given me a reason for no mail in from TT. Of course they would like to see the tune done in person, but I'm sure they would like to make extra $$$ by opening Fedex boxes, flashing an ECU and sending it back. Easy money.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe the sun in Vegas baked your brain. Not everyone cares about money. They do not need the money.

Last edited by EVOFQ300; Sep 8, 2004 at 12:32 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Okay, you know they don't need the money. Since when does a business not need money.

You are a bright one.

You are the spokesperson for TT. "they don't need the money".

What a J-off.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

I know many people used his money-back guarantee.

I can't believe why everyone at the same attacking Dynoflash?

Now TT is offering a free tune day, I am sure there will lot more haters for Dynoflash just to get tuned for free at TT. (I am not talking about just this tune day) Of course, If Al offers the same thing tomorrow, he will be having a cash flow too. It is just the way it is but not the best way to do business especiall if there are multiple tuners around.

The way Al tunes the cars - I like it and he will be tuning my car as long as I own my evo.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOFQ300
Since when are you allowed to post here?. If you spoke to my father like that you wouldn't be typing here or anywhere for that matter !
May I ask you who you are? The moderator?
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Dude stay out of the sun man. I have no affiliation with TT. I like honest hard working people/tuners. Not everyone is out to screw their neighbour pal. I just know they do not need to do generic flashes to support their very healthy and thriving business.