Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DynoFlash at Pruven continued.......

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2004, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is out of control.

You guys are carrying on like Al blew up your motor and then pissed on you.

The worst complaint you can make is you received no power gain and he charged you. Guess what, you coould have got your money back on the spot if you did not like the tune, not after you agree it's fine and drive off.

I have never before read so much hate over a stinkin reflashed ECU. I have got bad service in many places and don't carry on like you babies.

If you don't like your flash, shut up and take your business elsewhere. Donb't try to sabotage his bisiness over your personal dismay.
Evolved Member

I agree!
That's pointless.

People are trying to make Al out of business... oh well it is not that easy.
I would be mad if you try to make TT out of business too...
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ctevo
subievolved, I was also at pruven that day , I had the other white evo there. I happend to be in the back room with a few other guys when Al went off on your pops. It's ****ed up the way he flipped on him, I can understand him protecting the shop and customer cars that are being worked on but there was deffinatly a nicer way for him to ask him to stand back from the car if he was worried your pops was gonna somehow damage it by being too close?!? There was really no reason for him to threaten him like that. Sorry that **** had to happen.
Hmm funny another member there saw it, so why do you still call it a bunch of BS??
Old Sep 8, 2004, 01:11 PM
Former Sponsor

I dont like doing mail in flashes for two reasons...

1st .. Every car is different and you can never nail a good flash on the first try..

2nd.. Its 200 dollars and prob takes me 3min to give a person someone elses tune that is close to the mods they have.

Yes i could of made a killing selling mail in flashes .. i've only ever done about 4 that were for free for special people. I do not and will not make a habit of it ... One person took me two times to get it so it was good ..and mailing back and forth is a pain. Hope you all understand ...

Back to reading pm's ... mailbox almost full ..

Mark
turbotrix

P.S. i was thinking first or 2nd week in october .. for the dyno day .. Anyone ?
Old Sep 8, 2004, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

JAB:
Well sounds like you are jelous for us being able to work and get paid for writing these posts to me. Its not like we just said hey lets pick on AL today. There is a reason for everything. Just like you are probably trying to get a free flash from him or somthing for being his big brother. Anyway you do have one good point and that is this got way off topic!!!

Chris

QUOTE=siantjab]Man this is such crap.. It's like you clowns have nothing better to do than sit on your computer and throw insults at Al. What a bunch of whiners!!

Like I said yesterday, these threads are filled with the same few folks ranting, and the same stupid insults, and zero facts or proof. Why didn't you ask for your money back? Why didn't your father act like a man and stand up to Al? Let me venture a guess.. Because it's all a bunch of BS so you can try to make the man look bad. The truth is you guys are the ones that look stupid here. I don't see you posting any valid information, stats, logs, dyno sheets, etc. to back up your banter. Why? Because there are none.

So I'll sum this whole thread up now and hope the mods clean and/or close it. There are a few big mouths on this board who don't like Al. There are several hundered very happy customers who appreciate Al and his efforts. Great, same as yesterday.. Can we move on to something informative now? I would like to know how any of this is helping the evo community? Wait, I know.. "Cuz we are informing those who don't know" But the reality is, you're not! You just showing how bitter, impulsive, and immature you all are. I read all these posts and the only one that had any real "provable" data was Al's. Isn't that strange? Certainly not new!

So go ahead, flame me, him, and anyone who doesn't feel the same way you do. Because lord knows you guys are the undisputed experts here. Which is why you all tune and wrench on your own cars. ..or wait, do you?

If you read what I just said and thinkabout it, it makes perfect sense. I'm sure none of this will really hurt Al's business; as he has plenty of loyal customers and there are tons of people on this forum with enough brains to see right through all this bashing crap.

Oh, and EVOFQ300, please do some reasearch before you shoot off your mouth. Al was not disbared; he let his bar membership expire. But I'm sure thats another concept your immature and closed mind can not grasp. [/QUOTE]
Old Sep 8, 2004, 01:14 PM

Up till this point I have stayed out of this fray however, after reading Al's comments about what I did or was doing, he has the same amount of inaccuracy as most of what I heard from him that day. First off "this guy" is a customer - not this guy, bro, dawg or other catch word you can think of. Second - my car has a full decal set like Pruven besides the almost $10,000 in other mods for both appearence and track performance (not drag strip). Third - the do not enter area is where we parked the car - you didn't tell us to move the car so the assumption is that the sign is probably for during the week when the candy guy is open. Fourth - Hands all over your car - BULL. One finger touching approximately 1/2", maybe wrong but far from terrible. Fifth - Pruven's car was in fact up on a lift. You neglect to say it was about 2 feet from the waiting area and the lift itself was at about eye level. Again - one finger lightly touching approximately 1/2 ".
What I saw was what Dave saw - alot of unhappy guys who evidentially don't know a lot about cars. Dave is one of the knowledgeable car nuts you'll ever meet, Pruven is great and cooperative- Al is a super salesman but an A$$. Your product might be great but you taint it and give it a bad rap by your holier than thou attitude. Come on back down to earth and all this crap will probably dissappear.
Remember the old addage "All the people you step on on your way, you pass on your way down" If you want to stay on top I strongly suggest you take customer service 101 - don't treat everyone the same just like you don't treat all cars the same.
(If your going to ask what I drive, I drive an '03 WRX and a C5 Vette-also at my house is an '02 2.5RS, an '03 Jeep Renegade, a '95 Toyota and an '03 EVO).
Old Sep 8, 2004, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

saintjab thats what he told you. Do some research of your own kid. Don't question me son.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 01:39 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Any post that includes flames, personal insults or baiting will be deleted as per the site rules. These last couple of days have produced threads that place the moderators in a no win situation as any action we take is deem to be biased by somebody. I believe we set a record yesterday with 15-reported posts on one thread in less than 12 hours. Way to go guys.

Please note who the members are who question moderator bias and threads that have been trashed. They create the fires, spit gas on them and then stand back comfy in the knowledge they have been victimized by a biased mod. They are the reason that objective discussion cannot occur concerning vendor products and services.

I am ashamed of this thread and how easily members insult each other and other people.. We will enforce the site rules that apply to all as fairly as we can.

Last edited by Speedlimit; Sep 8, 2004 at 02:05 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Well for the past 2 days I have not said anything (thats because I'm not the type to bash) - but all the people like Az3ar and everyone eelse are telling the TRUTH. Everything that SubiEvolved said in his first post was 100% true. I was there that day @ Pruven and man oh man did I want to leave - But I only stayed because my friend Henry was going to get his car dynoed. I don't know why but this wasn't mentioned in any of the other posts:

Well my freind Henry previously had a flash done at Pruven about 3-4 months ago - at that dyno day - he ended up with 320 whp. He went back last weekend for this past dyno day - and he baselined at 211 whp. How can you lose more than 100 whp in 3-4 months ... well when he left the dyno @ Pruven he dynoed @ 290 whp. The next day - he told me that his car felt a little faster with this 290 whp tune then his previous 320 whp tune from the previous dyno day. I just want to know whats going on

Last edited by YellowFever; Sep 8, 2004 at 02:42 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 03:51 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by YellowFever
Well for the past 2 days I have not said anything (thats because I'm not the type to bash) - but all the people like Az3ar and everyone eelse are telling the TRUTH. Everything that SubiEvolved said in his first post was 100% true. I was there that day @ Pruven and man oh man did I want to leave - But I only stayed because my friend Henry was going to get his car dynoed. I don't know why but this wasn't mentioned in any of the other posts:

Well my freind Henry previously had a flash done at Pruven about 3-4 months ago - at that dyno day - he ended up with 320 whp. He went back last weekend for this past dyno day - and he baselined at 211 whp. How can you lose more than 100 whp in 3-4 months ... well when he left the dyno @ Pruven he dynoed @ 290 whp. The next day - he told me that his car felt a little faster with this 290 whp tune then his previous 320 whp tune from the previous dyno day. I just want to know whats going on
The reason why Henry's car was base lining at 211 whp with the previous tune is becuase he had someone "adjust" his SAFC and put in POSITIVE 25 % settings in the SAFC

Apparently the reason behind this was becuase they were tuning for the electric exhuast cut out that Henry had intsalled. Apparently the settings for the open cut out made the car way too rich with the cut out closed.

After two base line pulls and talking with Henry we concluded that he had changed his SAFC II settings and then we removed them and his power came back to the 290 level

The reason why he was dowen from the 320 figure is mostly due to a 30 degree tempraure differential between the two runs and also the high humidity. It would be interesting to compare the two sheets "corrected" to see the diference.

The reason why the car feels stronger than 290 when we test drove it was the air temps outside were much cooler than in the dyno room which was mostly filled with hot exhuast fumes and gases by the time we had reached 15 hours on the dyno
Old Sep 8, 2004, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Remember - there are several side to every story
There always is when one side is a lawyer.....

As for the phone call I received from this guy - - he called me at 11:30 p.m. on Sunday night as I was falling to bed to tell me that he was "screwed on his uetc tune"
never once did i say i was screwed. infact you brought that up and said did you think you were screwed and i said no i believe that they may have not downloaded the map correctly to my utec. Keep believing your lies Al.....

The Utec tuning netted 360 whp - which is a record at Pruven on stock turbo and stock intercooler

BTW - Kenny is one of the best Utec tuners anywhere and they normally charge $250 for a utec tune for the 1st hour. he does an amazing job as indicated with the 360 whp results
Lets remember the first pull without any touching of my car was 356whp. anything can add 4whp. So again i will say do not take credit for that, it was a map i was emailed.

I was not doing the Utec tune - I did not observe it - I was elsewhere road testing cars. I only saw the finished Dyno Sheet
Good way to look out for YOUR customer.......

I told him that I did not do the tune - as he knew - did not charge him the money and that he should call Pruven - period
Do you remember agreeing with me that as your customer it would be better if you took it upon yourself to help fix this confusion. Again great customer service.....

In conclusion - it is clear that this customer's friend Dave - Spec C from Wrx forums did not like me going into this tune. It is clear that they were having doubts before I did the tune. It is clear that no matter what I did or did not do these people where going to SECOND GUESS and criticize me
If I had any doubt in you would have left when you yelled at my dad....PERIOD (as you would say). and did you read my post Al? your obviously a lawyer and like to pick out certain points. remember Al im going to school and and i do know your lawyer ways... I said i was satisfied with your product but than again anyone can hand tectom or whatever there called 5grand and get the software you have and the problem with your business is your customer service not your product.

What is totally insane about this situation here is that in this case - the customer received some of our best work

The trq curve on the dyno sheet is really wonderful - linear and smooth

Its some great power considering the air temps 93 degrees in the dyno room and high humidity with lots and lots of exhuast fumes in the shop from a long day of dynoing

I stand behind my work. I am proud of this tune and the way it runs in the car.

Again - the results speak volumes for what we do
Car did pull timing by the way today at 19.5psi at about 6300 in second....

ERIK
Old Sep 8, 2004, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

If someone have had a good/bad experience with a vendor/company/etc, I would like to know if I was a potential customer. Why should anyone shut up and not tell other about the bad experience they have had??? If you don't like to hear about how one person receive a bad experience, just go start another thread to inform people what good experience you have received. The potential customers will read the good and bad experience threads and draw their own conclusions. So no need to be so upset. No one is trash talking or trying to put anyone out of business, they are just sharing their bad experience and informing others what they have experienced. YOU CAN DO THE SAME!!!! ********EDITED OUT *******. Start a "Dynoflash is the Best" thread. I am on neither side but just feel that it is stupid to hear people disagree with someone's opinion and come here to bit*h about it. That is why it's called an opinion, not a fact! Everyone can have one!!!! Like I said, if you have one that is different, start another thread!!!!!

Last edited by Speedlimit; Sep 8, 2004 at 04:29 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Alias]If someone have had a good/bad experience with a vendor/company/etc, I would like to know if I was a potential customer. Why should anyone shut up and not tell other about the bad experience they have had??? If you don't like to hear about how one person receive a bad experience, just go start another thread to inform people what good experience you have received. The potential customers will read the good and bad experience threads and draw their own conclusions. So no need to be so upset. No one is trash talking or trying to put anyone out of business, they are just sharing their bad experience and informing others what they have experienced. YOU CAN DO THE SAME!!!! ***************. Start a "Dynoflash is the Best" thread. I am on neither side but just feel that it is stupid to hear people disagree with someone's opinion and come here to bit*h about it. That is why it's called an opinion, not a fact! Everyone can have one!!!! Like I said, if you have one that is different, start another thread!!!!!

best post ever

can someone sticky this?

Last edited by Speedlimit; Sep 8, 2004 at 04:29 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Alias
If someone have had a good/bad experience with a vendor/company/etc, I would like to know if I was a potential customer. Why should anyone shut up and not tell other about the bad experience they have had??? If you don't like to hear about how one person receive a bad experience, just go start another thread to inform people what good experience you have received. The potential customers will read the good and bad experience threads and draw their own conclusions. So no need to be so upset. No one is trash talking or trying to put anyone out of business, they are just sharing their bad experience and informing others what they have experienced. YOU CAN DO THE SAME!!!! So STFU if you don't like it. Start a "Dynoflash is the Best" thread. I am on neither side but just feel that it is stupid to hear people disagree with someone's opinion and come here to bit*h about it. That is why it's called an opinion, not a fact! Everyone can have one!!!! Like I said, if you have one that is different, start another thread!!!!!
I agree completely. i think both sides would benefit more if there were a thread about dynoflash and its happy customers, which there clearly are. not on anyone's side here, but it is hard to look through all this and take anything away.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
His argument has merit, but you know what would happen.
As soon as anyone starts a thread like that, the "haters" would pile in and jack it.