Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DynoFlash at Pruven continued.......

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DynoFlash at Pruven continued.......

Well I'm sure you guys wanted me to respond in the other thread but it was just closed. Many of you asked why hasn’t the white car responded to this? The reason for that was because I was finishing resolving a problem from the dyno day. I would like to give my story so hopefully all questions are answered.

First off I would like to thank Pruven because they did help me out and are very nice people. I had a nice conversation with them and they were very helpful.

As you guys know I did make 335 on pump (dynoflash) and 360 on race (utec). To be very honest my car does not feel that fast. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. I am used to fast cars, one being my fathers and it feels as though it pulls harder. However, Dyno #'s mean jack **** to me. I would much rather look at my trap speeds. I do plan on going to the track and will def post my results when I do.

Now lets get to the day of the flash/tune. Dave (imprezivr6) and my dad did join me on the trip to Pruven. My dad has a wrx that made more power than 90% of the cars out there that day and is tuned by TXS on an utec. He is pretty knowledgeable is very into modding cars and thought it would be cool to see what dynoflash is all about which is why he came. I brought Dave because he is a good friend of mine and is extremely knowledgeable. He has also helped me with both my cars as well as my dad’s many times. He is the one who did all the installs on my car except the cams. Which by the way Al and Pruven did approach on and asked who did my installs because they were amazing and my car was running very strong.

After about an hour my dad came up to me and said, "How can you get flashed by this guy?" I asked him why and he began to tell me what had just happened. Apparently he was admiring Pruvens shop car and Al came up to him and told him to step back from it or he would throw him out and he would never be allowed back. I was pretty frustrated at this and I was almost ready to turn around and go home. How the hell are you going to say that to a 62 year old man? Do you think you truly are better than everyone one else al? You ever hear of respect your elders or how about a customer?

After my car was tuned (the exact way Dave described it) and I took it for a ride I found a problem with the way the car was running. When I would slow down (like stopping for a stop sign) and put in the clutch the car turned off. I went to Al and told him about the problem. His first response was that has nothing to do with me it was probably the way Pruven tuned the utec. So he said let me talk to Pruven and we will decide who should fix it. So they talked for a while and Al took my keys. I walk to the side of the building and all of a sudden I hear my car doing about mach 5 in the back parking lot I look around the corner and I see Al slamming on the brakes. He drives up to me and says I don’t see any problem like you talked about. So I grabbed the keys and showed him. He then gets back in the car and continues to do mach5 and slam on the brakes and floor the gas pedal as he stopped. He says I think its because you don’t know how to drive. I drive a car with cams and they do this you need to blip the throttle. So all cars with cams just stall when you slow down. Interesting.... I guess you learn something new everyday. HOW THE **** ARE YOU GONNA TELL ME I DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE? I remember you running mid elevens at 125+ MPH!!! And you’re telling me I don’t know how to drive. Al remember I was in the passenger seat when you drove my car. To sum it up you’re never driving it ever again! I ran a 13.3 stock with my evo and ran a 12.7@105 with just an exhaust. You’re right Al I don’t know how to drive. So after that the Pruven guys decide to fix the car and they raise the idle up a bit and the problem is cured, to their approval. So I say my goodbye and the whole Daves car is slow and not making 400whp comment happens. I just walk away and leave.

I get home and go to sleep because I had to wake up to move into school the nest morning. The next night I take out my laptop and check on my race gas tune. I brought my old one up as well as the new one and there were no changes. I get a little mad and say let me just call Al and see what he can do. I call and say “hey Al its Erik with the white evo from yesterday”. His response after I tell him there is a problem is "why the **** are you calling me I was sleeping you woke me up" He did pick on the first ring. I pointed out to him that his website says call 24hours a day. He then says why aren’t you calling Pruven this has nothing to do with me. Well Al I’m your customer and I would think you would want to fix the problem for me because you wanted them to tune my utec. But then he goes well your problem doesn’t seem to be that important. I told him well for a 19year old college student with 35k of his own money invested to me it is important. I told him the money I spent on the tune has nothing to do with it. I’m not asking for my money back but its the principle behind it how you hid it from me that there were no changes made and you take all the credit even pming me that I made a Pruven record 2nd most powerful stock turbo car dynoed there. Al began to be the biggest dick I have ever heard. After arguing he finally did say he was sorry and I asked him to call Pruven for me. I guess that’s how he treats his customers. He still kept asking me how I can get so mad from the amazing power he made with my car.

AL NEWSFLASH: I MADE 360whp ON A BASE MAP UTEC TUNE I WAS EMAILED!!!!!!! NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!. Please do not take credit for that. As for your 335whp on pump. Numbers mean nothing to me. The car idles like **** and doesn’t seem to pull hard but I will tell you how much I truly make when I run at the track and look at my results cuz again numbers mean jack **** to me. The conversation I had with al was the most ridiculous conversation i've ever had. Between his yelling, cursing at me and screaming I really do realize how he likes to run his business. I’m not discrediting his product but how he treats his customers. I will never give Al anymore of my business nor will I recommend him to anyone. I can honestly say I am 80% satisfied with the dynoflash product and 100% dissatisfied with dynoflash as a company.

ERIK
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jomagi
Wow.
My thoughts exactly.

Someone's got some 'splanin' to do.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:26 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Haha, ding ding ding, round 2!!!

So, help me out here. You still have the DynoFlash in your car right? Why? Why not just ask for your money back if you are so dissatisfied? I don't get all these bashing posts with people being disappointed and they just continue to use the product. If he won't give you your money back then why not lawyer up and go after it if he truly has screwed you? Do you people just let people walk all over you in real life?
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, thats not good.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

nice.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for telling your story. stuff like this definitely needs to be heard.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UFO
Haha, ding ding ding, round 2!!!

So, help me out here. You still have the DynoFlash in your car right? Why? Why not just ask for your money back if you are so dissatisfied? I don't get all these bashing posts with people being disappointed and they just continue to use the product. If he won't give you your money back then why not lawyer up and go after it if he truly has screwed you? Do you people just let people walk all over you in real life?
Whoa, simma down now.

He said he was 80% satisfied with the product. But 0% satisfied with the customer service.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Seeing how he is the "cheapest" tuner compared to companies such as Works or Vishnu, I guess you get what you pay for. That sucks man...hate to see a fellow evo owner treated like ****.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jomagi
Wow.
ditto

That's bull$hit how he spoke to your old man.

Nobody ever said this was a personality contest......but talking to your dad like that.........WTF
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

wow this just got brought out on a whole new level.getting yelled at is one thing but talking like that to your father is another
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

WOW... i got a mail in flash when I had my Buschur Stage 4 installed. I love the results. Never got to meet or even speak to AL. I have no comment on his treatment of customers, but his product works great and I am very satisfied with my purchase.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you for telling us your story.

Let's see what Al says about this.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Very unprofessional.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. The thing about how he treated your father would really **** me off.

I think Al can be very rude. My experience with him was that he was a little rude as well.

I will say this--Generally, his mail flash lives up to what it is advertised to be--20 whp for a good price. For more finite tuning, there may be better options.

As a vendor, he isn't as bad as all the attention these threads give him.

As a person, I don't think he would be a friend of mine.