Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Dyno sheet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2004, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Dyno sheet

Well I was retuned at Turbo Trix with better fuel. Didn't pick up much on pump(1 Hp and 15 TQ.) Race fuel on the other hand was awesome. Hoping to run high 11's with this setup. We will see Saturday at the shootout.

Shane
Attached Thumbnails New Dyno sheet-turbo-trix-dyno.jpg  
Old Sep 9, 2004, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good Those are some impressive numbers ( especially from the rae gas). How much hp did you pick up with the EMS when it was first tuned at TT? I see you had 342 originally, and then 343, but what octane did you use and what was the difference from before EMS? I am just trying to gauge how much I can expect to pick up from getting the EMS tuned at TT. I would have a BR turboback (w/ test pipe), mbc, intake, and the MAP sensor installed (TT quoted me 340-350 whp with this set up--seems a little high). Also, another concern I have is emissions. How do you deal with emissions? Sorry for the hundred questions- but you seem like just the guy to ask
Old Sep 9, 2004, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

I would say you will see more like 320. I have cams also and they do make a difference. The first time I dynoed was with bad gas, so we couldn't advance the timing as much. I did pick up an additional 15 lbs./ft. in the torque department today which has to do with timing. Going from the SAFC II, with cams and EMS I picked up 50 hp and 70 lbs./ft. It is awesome you will love it.

Shane
Old Sep 9, 2004, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Did you dial in your knock control for the AEM EMS? I'm really interested in getting the EMS and have TT to tune it but the only thing that holding me back is I do a lot of trackdays and would like to have the retain/ well tuned the knock control for safty. Congrat on the nice number, car must feel like a rocket? How do you compare the power before and after the AEM? race gase and pump?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Power in both race gas and pump is awesome. It does have knock control hooked up. Mark is very careful with watching knock, he takes no chances. By the way this was all done with a conservative 11.4 air/fuel ratio. It could even be leaned out a bit more it definately has a decent saftey margin.

Shane
Old Sep 9, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

really nice!

do you know what the actual boost curve looks like with the MBC? how much is it holding at redline?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you have for a clutch?
i also dynoed the same amount (5 more hp)my clutch started to slipping.
how much boost are you running?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

nice numbers!
Old Sep 9, 2004, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

I was holding 21 psi at redline, I am running the ACT HDSS setup. It holds very well. I believe I have reached the limits of the stock turbo. The car was tapering boost at redline. Mark told me its because stock turbo cannot keep up with requirements. Bigger turbo in the future.

Shane
Old Sep 9, 2004, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks man I'm definitely impressed I will definitely be giving them a visit for this set up. I am still concerned about emissions though and no one has answered my questions about it which makes me wonder a bit. I might know why though I'll just talk to some people over the phone or in person. Congrats on the nice set up/numbers.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Well with cams and all my mods I know I wouldn't pass, but I have a 5 year tag in Delaware. I mean worse case senario is to take off what you have to to pass then put everything back on. I am sure there are ways around it. You will like it. Mark is good at what he does and takes his time. Are you going to the shootout at Englishtown on Sat.?

Shane
Old Sep 9, 2004, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Shane,
I think I will go for it and just do what I have to in order to pass. I will try and work something out (like subharnesses were suggested on another thread) to make the switching out of the ems for the ecu and vice versa easier. As far as Englishtown--I don't keep up with local events because I'm away at school in toasty Colorado. I come home every couple months to play with my car and get mom to do some laundry Thanks for your help.