Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Upgrade BOV and Air Intake?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2004, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, I have a turbo xs RFL and it's loud as hell. It holds boost better than stock ~*good move*~. As for the intake, I put the AEM intake on my car. My car kept stalling out when I let the rpms drop to 1000. The MAF sensor will detect too much airflow and cause it to stall. Guys, it felt like it had more power, but it didn't. The turbo just has a sooner spool-up time. No more power. You may even lose power. I recommend not getting the intake. ~*waste of money and time*~ I recommend 3" downpipe, test pipe, and exhaust. you can get 35-50 WHP from those bolt-ons. No need for tuning. TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU. I HAVE EXPERIENCE IT.

Oh... I have an AEM full intake system for sale. FASTER SPOOL UP. IT ALSO MAKE A KOOL.." SH, SH, SH, SH, SH" SOUND KINDA LIKE A PAPER FAN. LET ME KNOW
Old Sep 11, 2004, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo VIII 4o1
Dude, I have a turbo xs RFL and it's loud as hell. It holds boost better than stock ~*good move*~. As for the intake, I put the AEM intake on my car. My car kept stalling out when I let the rpms drop to 1000. The MAF sensor will detect too much airflow and cause it to stall. Guys, it felt like it had more power, but it didn't. The turbo just has a sooner spool-up time. No more power. You may even lose power. I recommend not getting the intake. ~*waste of money and time*~ I recommend 3" downpipe, test pipe, and exhaust. you can get 35-50 WHP from those bolt-ons. No need for tuning. TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU. I HAVE EXPERIENCE IT.

Oh... I have an AEM full intake system for sale. FASTER SPOOL UP. IT ALSO MAKE A KOOL.." SH, SH, SH, SH, SH" SOUND KINDA LIKE A PAPER FAN. LET ME KNOW
Im confused, yu just said INTAKES suck and its a waste, why are yu trying to sell us yor intake?
Old Sep 11, 2004, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

first of the stock BOV does leak, second you will probably need alil tuning after intake, and 3rd cold air is the way to go! call up RnR and get a price on their cold air its alot cheaper then aps and is a beautiful piece!

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...MXk1NDE%3D.jpg
Old Sep 11, 2004, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

I have 2 different intakes on my a AEM intake & a K&N typhoon. They both suck. with the K&N intake my car would over boost. It ran fine with the AEM intake but made diiference in power. The best set up i have found is i use the stock intake tube, with the K&N MAF adapter plate and filter. With this set up u really notice a difference. As for blow off valves i have a HKS SSQ. It sounds un real when vented to the atmosphere. It sounds the same when dump in, just a little quieter. It took if off and put the stock one back on. the car runs better with the stock one. If you are really looking to gain some hp then put a turbo back exhaust on. I would use a B&B down pipe becuase the it works great & the fit and finish is the sweet.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the MR cbv, holds high boost and doesn't leak