Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Son going to buy an evo...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2004, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, first off, I am 18 years old. I am currently looking for the right evo to buy, but now i drive an old accord that i built fully into a track car. I know i can handle an evo no problem, i have drivin them mulitple times. Alot of users on this thread make it out to be some purpourse built street racing car, when in reality its kind of a dog in the straights. The only thing that makes this car unsafe is its lack of safety features. Aside from that, its not a car that you can do big late night burn outs in a Wendy's parking lot, or a car that will respond to hard mashing of gears. Its a gentle car that needs to be treated properly. But back to the point, if you truly know your son, and he hasn't had any problems so far with his driving, that let him buy it, and even help him out with some of the costs. I have had many friends who were irresponsible with their cars, unforntuatly i have had friends die becuase of it, or crash terribly. If that hasn't happened to him yet then theres a good chance it won't. And BTW for everyone who said to let him go on a track event or driving school, that is that LAST THING you should have him do. Ever since i started autox and track days i found out truly what my car could do, and that led to attempting new speed records on off ramps going 60 mph. Before i had any racing experience, i was too scard of spinning out to try anything stupid on the street. If your son is responsible than he will scared of hurting the car, you, or his pride by doing something stupid. And lastly, it might not be a bad idea to help him pay for the car. We have all been obnoxious teenagers at some point, "you cant take it away from me i payed for it with my money" wether it was a skateboard or an evo. Help him out, and have this car together for both you to enjoy.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An 18 year old w/ an Evolution?? He should have a 1990 cavalier with no power windows, no A/C and 90hp to the wheels on a cold day! jk

One problem that I can remember with young friends having nice cars is the hack job they do when performing mods or stereo upgrades. I remember my 19 yrold neighbor having a mint 2ndgen RX-7 TurboII (beautiful...teer, teer). After about three months, he decided to play with with the stereo and hacked up all the wiring....then he placed a nasty hole through the fire wall. In the process of taking off panels etc., different tabs broke off. Slowly, the car started turning to *hit. Oh well...I went through that faze too