Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

anyone with turbosmart e-boost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2004, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone with turbosmart e-boost

after installing my e-boost , i set it at 19 psi but i still get the taper. 1st gear peaks at 20 then drops to 17 but in 2nd gear through 5th holds pretty close to or wright at 19 (same as factory or before the ebc). i ve checked all of my connections there solid. what i havn't done yet is set my gate pressure (it comes set from the factory at 2.9psi on the ebc) but the directions say don't set the gate pressure until your boost pressure is where you want it. any suggestions would be great.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is your sensitivity. It is too low, increase your sensitivity bit by bit. You can go ahead and bump the gate pressure up to about 8-10 psi. The gate pressure is the best feature about the E-Boost, you will make more power in the mid-range and quicker spool. You can probably up the gate pressure from there, but it depends on your setup. If you have any questions, I can help you out