Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RS tested in the new Autoweek...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2004, 08:00 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL, I was pissed because my car was hesitating in the high RPMs and running like total ****. If you read my post, you'd see that I said you can't trust anything published in magazines these days. Still, there is always a chance that you get a poorly running car from the factory. My old 03 Cobra was off 50whp from other people on the forums. It wound up being the factory software which made it run so rich that it went off the chart at 3,000 rpms and never returned!

I just hate the thought of starting off with a car that's slower than others stock for stock. It's important for a car to run right stock, otherwise modding it can "compensate" for the problem and you'll never even know it. I'm sorry you're disappointed with my attitude, but quite frankly I could give two *****
Old Sep 17, 2004, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

I get what your saying, I changed the previous post. Again good luck, may the EVO gods look down upon you and smile.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 08:14 AM

Let me say something: You could be the worst driver ever, as long as you manage to get into all four gears cleanly (even slowly), you will beat 14.5 @91. That's not even close. I've done better on a stock Evo with a 2.5 second 60Foot.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 08:20 AM
Account Disabled

That's why I thought MAYBE there was a problem with their RS and that mine had the same problem. Mine's fine now, though. It turns out the dealer had filled the tank with 87 octane! Un****!n real!!!
Old Sep 17, 2004, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Just showed the article to a friend, who recently took delivery of an R32. His comment?

"Since when does an Evolution have trouble keeping up with an R32 in a straight line? Those guys can't drive at all."