Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Will there be a Ralliart EvoVIII coming to US?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2002, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will there be a Ralliart EvoVIII coming to US?

Since the US Evo VIII is going to be built by MMC, anyone know if there is going to be a Ralliart built version coming to the US? If there is one, then I would rather wait a little longer for the real Ralliart version than buying a MMC Evo VIII right away
Old Nov 1, 2002, 05:24 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

I hope so. If it comes with 6 speed, ACD, AYC, and electronically controlled front diff then I'll trade or sell my 2003 Evo and take a loss if I have to.

Old Nov 1, 2002, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

noob here. could someone enlighten me as to who or what MMC is?
Old Nov 1, 2002, 07:00 PM

MMC- Mitsubishi Motors Company
Old Nov 2, 2002, 02:35 AM
Evolved Member

I think there will be a Ralliart version coming to the US, just like the sti is coming to the US. But Mitsu will not make the announcement since if people know that there will be a better EvoVIII coming, then more people would wait for it rather than buying the MMC Evo, thus driving down the price and the sales of the MMC Evo.
I really do hope there will be a Ralliart Evo announced soon, cuz this will give us buyer more options and make the dealers less likely to mark up on the MMC Evo.
Old Nov 2, 2002, 10:52 AM
In Timeout

ralliart did not even set up a sub company in the usa yet when they do there is a chance
Old Nov 2, 2002, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Let's hope so, tho I really don't care about AYC/ACD (prolly will never find that great a use for them anyways ), I'd be interested if they would put in a six speed tranny ... that would kick ***
Old Nov 4, 2002, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

You know seriously, I am tired of this bull****. I'm gonna be shelling out over 30 grand of hard earned money for a car that will be replaced with one better than it in a few months. I am very seriously considering buying a JDM Evo, I'm not sure if they pay LHD GSRs in Japan, if not RS-II will do, I'll add the A/C later, shouldn't be that hard.
I don't know, let the car come, and then compare it to the JDM Evo, which I am sure many car magazines will do and then see which one is the better one. My bet is on JDM ofcourse, but if the USDM doesn't perform up to par to the JDM, best bet is the Ralliart version will be identical to the JDM one then.
Old Nov 4, 2002, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Infinity
You know seriously, I am tired of this bull****. I'm gonna be shelling out over 30 grand of hard earned money for a car that will be replaced with one better than it in a few months. I am very seriously considering buying a JDM Evo, I'm not sure if they pay LHD GSRs in Japan, if not RS-II will do, I'll add the A/C later, shouldn't be that hard.
I don't know, let the car come, and then compare it to the JDM Evo, which I am sure many car magazines will do and then see which one is the better one. My bet is on JDM ofcourse, but if the USDM doesn't perform up to par to the JDM, best bet is the Ralliart version will be identical to the JDM one then.
No LHD GSRs. The LHD RS-II has manual air and is pretty close to GSR spec otherwise.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 03:10 AM

Hell we cant even hardly get www.wrc.com to come race in the states unless im wrong about that correst me please and thats a damn shame jmo!!