Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

24hour nurburgring evo vii

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2002, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, and as for the headlights... go outside and look at your headlights, compare them with the second picture. Notice the amount of "circles" within the housing? Three on the undoubtedly EVO blue one. That, and the location of the orange sideblinker along the bottom, outside edge. Hmm, what's absent in the Red one? No orange like that... and only two circles. Seems to me that the first one could be achieved lookswise in the headlights by replacing the orange front blinker lightbulb with a clear one, and maybe a HID upgrade on the existing 9007 bulb.

Oh, and if you'll notice, there is a difference in the front fascia as well. As for the intercooler, I'm not an evo expert, but, fact is that my understanding is that all EVOs start out as what is called a Cedia with AWD, get the hand modifying treatment from the good folks at Ralliart as far as a 4G63 goes, chaisis strengthening, ACD/AYC, Brembos, Recaros, Wheels, etc. It's not unreasonable to believe that a Turbo Cedia could be/would be upgraded to a race version, and probably could be done pretty easily.

Oh, and you're right Vittorio, some people really don't have the knowledge about the EVO to speak up. Hmm.

Last edited by StreetLancer; Nov 2, 2002 at 09:10 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2002, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

no they are both e7's if you look closely on the red one it still has the amber piece at the bottom of the headlights they cut the housing to fit the two big foglights inside so they had to cut the amber piece as well.

actually that red one looks like the new mustangs with that big lip on there. haha pretty funny but no they are both e7's definately they are.
Old Nov 2, 2002, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

DO you have any idea how silly you sound streetlancer??? These are race cars, not street vehicles. They dont put superwihte bulbs in the headlights so they can make it look like a real Evo. They race these vehicles, and I can assure youthey are both Evos. Differences in headlights might have to do with the fact that the teams wanted more light during the race, since it is a 24 hour endurance. Whatever you would like to believe though, just remember these are race cars, not street cars. They dont soend time trying to make a race car look like something its not.
Old Nov 2, 2002, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Angry

Originally posted by Tristar Racing
DO you have any idea how silly you sound streetlancer??? These are race cars, not street vehicles. They dont put superwihte bulbs in the headlights so they can make it look like a real Evo. They race these vehicles, and I can assure youthey are both Evos. Differences in headlights might have to do with the fact that the teams wanted more light during the race, since it is a 24 hour endurance. Whatever you would like to believe though, just remember these are race cars, not street cars. They dont soend time trying to make a race car look like something its not.
Thank You so much TRISTAR RACING!!!!

I did not try to be offensive , I did not try to beand I tried to say that this is the right place to ask Q's, but streetlancer made me like I am.Regardless of what he said I just try to explain that Europe had EVO's since the first one came out.Thet don't play with sreet racing ,because EVO are meant to be rally cars.PERIOD.Rally cars are not only about body style or headlights.Just look at N-group cars.Exterior ,engine and brakes are similar to factory one,that's the rule.There is different story about interior where they basiclly remove any useless thing (if we can call them like that),even a carpet in a trank.Tell me streetlancer in which street racing car You have to replace a turbine after 2 races,because this is what they do after 2 rallies if not after first one.Like I mentioned before I am talking about N-group cars.WRC cars that is a different page.I will make it simple for You streetlancer.Just make a trip to Europe and stop over in Holland,France ,Germany or even Poland and ask any WRC enthusiast about "just a Lancer" or "Cedia turbo" with body style or headlights.If they say EVO ,they mean it!!!!!!!!HMMMMMm.....
Old Nov 2, 2002, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you both for proving my points for me.

Tristar, I’ve shown you nothing but respect in the past, so, next time try to be a little more subtle with the sarcasm and jabs, thank you. Secondly, I said HID UPGRADE, you know, you know, the kind available for about 500 bucks. Not a pair of HID look-a-like bulbs. Hmm. Funny, that would, as you said, be functional for increased light output which would be great for a 24 hour endurance race. Wish I would of said that in my first post… oh, wait, I did. Didn’t think I had to spell it out.

Vittorio (vampire I assume?), let me tell you something. This has nothing to do with rally, or street cars. What it does have to do with is an endurance road race of the Grand Touring variety. And, in most such competition, the car really does have to have some relation to a street car. As you were trying to educate the uninformed about the “lack” of a USDM Lancer and/or need for one in Europe/Japan, I was likewise trying to inform you about the actual presence of a car that is very much like ours in bodystyle and chassis that Ralliart hand welds, modifies to be an Evolution in the first place. Be that as it is, why not modify it to race. All I saw was you lightly chiding some people for something that you were flat wrong on. I’m not saying that the car in that picture is a Cedia, but telling you that they do in fact exist, and are pretty well respected. Want to take it personal, I guess that’s your business. Oh, and I severely dislike your insult to me as a tuner by making comments about “playing street racer”. Thanks for showing your maturity and ability to address an argument in it’s fundamental points.

This will probably get this thread shut down, and cause me yet more problems with moderators. Great.

Last edited by StreetLancer; Nov 2, 2002 at 01:53 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2002, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by StreetLancer
Thank you both for proving my points for me.

Tristar, I’ve shown you nothing but respect in the past, so, next time try to be a little more subtle with the sarcasm and jabs, thank you. Secondly, I said HID UPGRADE, you know, you know, the kind available for about 500 bucks. Not a pair of HID look-a-like bulbs. Hmm. Funny, that would, as you said, be functional for increased light output which would be great for a 24 hour endurance race. Wish I would of said that in my first post… oh, wait, I did. Didn’t think I had to spell it out.

Vittorio (vampire I assume?), let me tell you something. This has nothing to do with rally, or street cars. What it does have to do with is an endurance road race of the Grand Touring variety. And, in most such competition, the car really does have to have some relation to a street car. As you were trying to educate the uninformed about the “lack” of a USDM Lancer and/or need for one in Europe/Japan, I was likewise trying to inform you about the actual presence of a car that is very much like ours in bodystyle and chassis that Ralliart hand welds, modifies to be an Evolution in the first place. Be that as it is, why not modify it to race. All I saw was you lightly chiding some people for something that you were flat wrong on. I’m not saying that the car in that picture is a Cedia, but telling you that they do in fact exist, and are pretty well respected. Want to take it personal, I guess that’s your business. Oh, and I severely dislike your insult to me as a tuner by making comments about “playing street racer”. Thanks for showing your maturity and ability to address an argument in it’s fundamental points.

This will probably get this thread shut down, and cause me yet more problems with moderators. Great.

Oh,boy,oh ,boy.Just explain me like to a little kid:WHAT THE HECK
grand touring variety has to do with bringing US Lancer to Germany's race track? That's just simple Q which I see You had never chance to answer......I have never insulted anybody,but when somebody attacks me with no reason this is my reaction.Just take a look at my first post and maybe You will finally understand,unless You are to proud to make Yourself more less mature.That isn't concer to me what You do with Your car ,because this is Your car and Your money,so You can even play a truck driver(no offense truck drivers!!!) and I dont care.I am sorry ,but You can't INTIMATE ME!!!!!This is very frustrating ,but by keeping up scores You are proving that You have a lot of time to grow up.So You are telling me about that Cedia exist?Is that right?Believe me that I spent some time (something around 7 years ) on european tracks and rallies(but this is not making me smarter or better) and You argument would be really difficult to understand by those people.Once again I am not sure what You are trying to prove about body style.....Oh,well just another streetlancer......
Old Nov 3, 2002, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Bla bla bla. Let's all just look at the pretty pictures.