Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

something broke on my new evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I donno if you've really looked, but it could be something stupid, too, like a plastic bottle crushed into your wheel well. I've seen that happen to more than one person, who thought they had a really expensive problem on their hands before finding whatever was lodged in there. Just a thought.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
dealer... >200mi... no mods... they can't possible void your warranty.. haha
Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Could be like a stick snapped as you were pulling it in and now is rammed into the wheel well, try the simple things first, but let us know.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shupadupa
Could be like a stick snapped as you were pulling it in and now is rammed into the wheel well, try the simple things first, but let us know.
If it is something stupid like this, the dealer will charge you for the tow as well as for the diagnosis. When I took my car in for the CEL, they told me if it was something like me not tightening the gas cap, I would have to pay for a 89.95 diagnosis fee.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

alot of people here on the forum have experienced a decent sounding clunk when turning hard right and hitting a bump. Something to do with the suspensions mechanics. The real cause hasn't been located yet i don't think. Also check to see if the shipping blocks are still in.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My suspension used to clunk like crazy, I took it in to the dealership and they could never find anything. Now, at 12.5k it barely does it anymore. But I never had anything like a snap. Like everyone else said, crawl under there and look around to make sure it's nothing dumb like a twig, then get it towed in.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 10:10 AM

yeah it's a brand new car so the warrenty MUST apply unless mitsu does something that's rediculous. well i did do an extreme check to see if it was a small problem (stick or something) and i couldnt see anything. it all happened to fast. i was't even goin 2miles an hour, just gently pullin it in hte garage. i called mitsu today so they're gonna get it towed but damn 200miles and something like this. haha oh well it's under warrenty so i dont have to worry about anything. let them fix it. thanks for the replies guys and i'll update you with what they said. hopefully it's not 2 major!

my dream weekend came to a sudden end :|
even with the problem i must say the evo is a killer car. buy it if u can!
Old Sep 20, 2004, 10:15 AM
Account Disabled

Put the car up on jacks and check before you go to the dealer. Don't want to make yourself look like an idiot to the dealer if its nothing wrong IMHO.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe it is just one of the plastic panels or plastic fender liners that are held on by plastic screws? Look under the car and check for anything obvious or easy to fix....
Old Sep 20, 2004, 10:59 AM

yeah i'll do that. i tried checkin yesterday but the light was a problem. today i'll get a better look! btw does anyone know the 1-800 number for mitsu towing.? my brother said it looks bad but i'll have to see myself.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 04:04 PM

i got to drive it today after comin back from college and it drove fine but it made that noise again. it doenst seem to serious now but there is something wrong. it kept on coming back.it's quite aloud noise, heard it clearly thru the windows (closeD). dealers checkin it out tomm to c if she's all right. thanks r the replies guyss.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iSLoOEvolUtion
yeah i'll do that. i tried checkin yesterday but the light was a problem. today i'll get a better look! btw does anyone know the 1-800 number for mitsu towing.? my brother said it looks bad but i'll have to see myself.
try 1-888-648-7820 - at least thats the number i have for roadside assistance
Old Sep 20, 2004, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by johnnysixer
Put the car up on jacks and check before you go to the dealer. Don't want to make yourself look like an idiot to the dealer if its nothing wrong IMHO.

specially with the $98 diagnostic they charge for an inspoetion
Old Sep 23, 2004, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i vote thats a wiped out rod bearing. happens with new 4G63 engines quite often
Old Sep 23, 2004, 02:12 PM

hey isloo....didnt you give your evo back? whats really up....