Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Purchasing Evo vi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2002, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchasing Evo vi

Hi guys, I know this might sound like a Newbie question... But i was wondering what would be the total cost for say a $25,000 evo vi to be shipped here in the US and what do i need to do to make it legal in California? i know theres a smog issue... but ive seen a guy in California with an evo vi, but he never responds to my email's..... sorry for the newbie question. Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 09:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Run a search or twelve. If it was that simple don't you think you'd see more on the roads? I think there's less than a handful of street legal Evo VI's in the US. I wanna say 3, but I don't remember where I read that number. There's far more to legalizing most cars (including Evolutions) in than just emissions. To get it here you will probably need to bend/break several laws or spend hundreds of thousands of dollars. Good luck either way.
Old Nov 4, 2002, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

I know 2 of those EVOs in CA are on dealership/manufacturor's plate, which does not require to past DOT/EPA's requirements

Some people just got all the connections
Old Nov 4, 2002, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

put it under your shirt and try to walk out. lol ... seriously though to import one of those I think you would need a hookup or some $$$ actually a lil bit more $$$ gut whatev. if you're that determined to have one here you'll be able to do it some how. Just don't give up and you'll find an answer. good luck anyway -not cool but blind. (not to offend any blind people.)