Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

When will they release specs??!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2002, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will they release specs??!!

At the time that I'm writing this, the countdown timer reads 59 days, 21 hours. That's less than 2 months away. But when I spoke with my dealer on Friday, he said they haven't released any specific specs on the car yet. The website is still in Stage 1.

Why is Mitsubishi taking so $#&@&* long!!! I realize that they want to keep Subaru guessing for as long as possible, but the bad part is SO IS EVERYONE ELSE!!! I'm seeing a lot of 2003 auto buying guides that don't even mention the Evo. I'm not sure whether or not to put down a deposit, because I don't know what we'll be getting! And there's been so much speculation thrown around on the internet, I think a lot of people are going to be dissapointed with what we do get, simply because of the build up of hype.

All I'm saying is Mitsubishi should be handling this release in a much better fashion. Anybody out there agree?
Old Nov 4, 2002, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

i disagree, i think they're creating a hype and keeping u on ur toes. look at you, it's bothering you so much ur coming on the internet looking for every last drop of information. they got u hooked.

i think u should put down a deposit, i think no matter how it comes, it's gonna be well worth it and you wont be disapointed.
Old Nov 4, 2002, 11:22 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

This comes from Mitsu:
At the Lancer Evolution website there are no specific details of the Evolution vehicle coming to the US. Until the car's official debut, the site will only provide content relating to the vehicle's historical accomplishments. There are plenty of action-packed racing images, downloadable wallpaper, and video images of the EVO sliding, drifting, and flying over the dirt, pavement and snow.
So no specs until the LA Auto Show!
Old Nov 4, 2002, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

The reason I'm bothered enough to come to the internet is that I'm a car freak, and being a veteran of all three Gran Turismo's, I'm a nerdy car freak at that! I'm just saying that they're really going to have to pitch this car to the die-hard American Evo fans out there, because we know about "the greats", the Evo's V, VI, and VII, in all they're special edition form. And if they let the buzz get too big, we're going to be dissapointed. Anybody remember going to see Star Wars Episode 1?
However, if you're not a die-hard fan, then chances are you know nothing about this car. It's going to show up out of nowhere, with a (estimated) price tag of $30,000, and people will wonder why a Lancer should be priced that high! Mentioned the Lancer Evolution to a friend the other day, and she said, "Oh, I've seen those. The little econo-boxes? They're ugly."
So in my opinion, by not letting out ANY info, they're screwing both sets of customers. If, on the other hand, they were to release specs slowly (like a snippit or three every two weeks, or a small chunk with each website "stage") then we'd have time to figure out if this is acceptible compared to what we know of foreign models, and thus worth spending $30,000 on. I'm not planning on hearing the specs on January 4th, then rushing out to buy one! Don't have that kinda money to impulse purchase a car with! And the slow, but factual, tease would get non-Evo fans interested in this machine that's coming out soon.
Old Nov 4, 2002, 12:47 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

The Evo probably won't arrive till late March/April so you'll have plenty of time. The problem is people will be putting orders ahead of time, there'll probably be a limited selection, so not much color choice, etc.

Mark
Old Nov 7, 2002, 11:58 AM

They are probably withholding information to create hype since the STi is being released at a later time during the next year and they want to just wait just like Subaru is doing with the specs of the STi. So its just a big hype fest