Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hey guys evo8 been pushed back

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2002, 10:40 AM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys evo8 been pushed back

i just called evo imports accquiring info on jap spec evo8 cuz i was thinking to get one they told me it's been pushed back until april that's also for us wuz up? anyone know anything new it sounds like they gonna release the car the same time with sti
Old Nov 4, 2002, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

We have covered this before, the US release of the car is supposed to be before the J-spec release
Old Nov 4, 2002, 10:51 AM
In Timeout

why is that? thought japanese spec always come ahead of time
Old Nov 4, 2002, 11:00 AM

Why would you call Evo Imports asking about this? Of course they will tell you it is gonna be delayed so you will buy a 7 from them. (BTW - Has anyone that has ordered from them gotten their Evo yet???)

If you want to find out what is really up with the US Evo go here:

http://mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/jsp/evo/index.jsp

This is the Official US Evo web site. There is a little ticker located conveniently at the top that tells you how many days away it is (50). Eventually there will be more detailed news up there.
Old Nov 4, 2002, 11:15 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by NismoSkylineGTR
why is that? thought japanese spec always come ahead of time
Mitsubishi has a renewed focus on the US market for one. Secondly the JDM spec Evo 8 will undoubtedly be different than what we get in the US. How much different still remains to be seen.
Old Nov 4, 2002, 11:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It is entirely possible they're build the basic car and release it in the US and where wherever else they can, and then use mostly-built cars from the same production run and add (more likely) or subtract (less likely) parts for the Japanese market. Assuming the rumor about the J-Spec release being later is true, it's a very realistic possiblity imo.
Old Nov 4, 2002, 12:44 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Well, I believe this info came from Ralliart UK who told EI. It looks like there's going to be a delay with production of the Evo 8 and they may actually produce a few more 7s for the upcoming rally season.

That ticker on the US site is for the debut, but not the actual arrival of the production vehicles. It's also a pretty useless site overall... no specs, no price, no real pics, nothing... just initial hype. Hopefully, they'll add more as time moves on.

None of the Evo 8 info is 100%, but it could these delays could very well be true

Mark
Old Nov 4, 2002, 12:58 PM

Haven't heard anything about a delay from my contacts, but it wouldn't be a complete surprise. 02 Lancer and the new Outlander was delayed, but only by a few weeks. However, I wouldn't panic until we get good solid info straight from contacts. I agree EI is not the best source for this kind of info
Old Nov 4, 2002, 01:45 PM
In Timeout

i contact them cuz i was planning to get a j spec cuz looks like we aren't getting ayc/acd and i've driven a 7 in hk this summer so i'm lookng forward to it and then they told me the 8 was pushed back but didn't really say it was teh j spec or us spec
Old Nov 4, 2002, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

There are no delays. As I have said all along..the first ones will be on the streets right around the beginning of March. They'll be shipped from Japan the end of Jan. Nothing has changed.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 03:03 AM

Thats the same thing www.evolutionimports.com told me was a delay up to april just cant never tell with the japs!! And this email replay was about 2-3 days ago!!