Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Good news for Mitsu and MR review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2004, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news for Mitsu and MR review

The Car Connection web site says DCX and Mitsubishi have signed a contract to continue their joint projects.

DC, Mitsu to Stick With Programs

Despite DaimlerCHrysler's disinterest in investing more money in Mitsubishi, the companies will continue to cooperate on new engines and shared new vehicle architectures. A statement by the companies countered speculation that Mitsubishi might drop its arrangement to share engineering tasks for a new range of mid-size vehicles for both companies. The agreement applies to all current projects, and does not outline any possible future cooperation. The companies share vehicle architecture on their upcoming small cars, including the new Smart ForFour and an upcoming replacement for the Dodge Neon. In the face of scandal and financial troubles at Mitsubishi, Chrysler declined to invest more in the company this earlier, and as a result its stake in the Japanese company has fallen from more than 37 percent to roughly 25 percent.

http://thecarconnection.com/index.as...&sid=173&n=156

They also have an extensive review of the MR.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7525
Old Sep 23, 2004, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sort of wish that Mitsubishi would cut its ties with Daimler, especially since they bailed out on the money that they were planning to help Mitsu out with. I'm not really sure what is in the company's best interest, but I just hope that Mitsu will continue to build the Evo. Thanks for the info man.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 07:43 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
DCX just wanted to discredit the mitsu corp so they can buy it at a cheaper price. I will not doubt it if it becomes wholly owned by DCX in the near future. those krautz