Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rumors from SEMA show at Mitsubishi's booth.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2002, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got rice b*#&%, got rice?

That's all I got to say about that damn spoiler.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

They are preparing us for the Mitsu vehicles in the Fast and the Furious 2, lololol.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 11:36 PM

On the place where the license plate would be it says "are you in?" Is this part of the new Evo marketing or is it old?
Old Nov 8, 2002, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

None of the above.

That would be an HKS design choice.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 07:21 AM

wing

What the hell did they do to that EVO they ruined a perfect car with rice.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 12:36 PM

Thumbs down

No 6 speed and no active drivetrain. I have been waiting for a very long time for this car to find myself being swayed to the STI, with a 6 speed and a much revised suspention. But I a still holding out hope.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 12:57 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Considering the STi won't be out for half a year after the Evo it's not like you're pressed for time. They're called rumors for a reason. Hold out and see what comes and I'm sure that having the facts will be a lot more beneficial towards your decision than all the rumors being thrown about. Good luck with either car.

Personally I'd rather have an STi. I'm starting to sway from the electronic and move more and more to the mechanical as I go. Not to mention I like the AWD Neon look the new Subarus have despite the God-awful tail lights.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

When I said the comment about the 5 spd, I was talking about the comment made when he said the 5 spd had an excellent feel to it, and compared it to a M3's. Hell, I know mitsu's tranny's are the best, hence my purchase of the Lancer. Like I said, I've had enough tranny headaches to last me a lifetime.

Hell, I'm glad Mitsu isn't just sticking a piece of junk 6 spd on the Evo just because it's the newest/best thing, and a "hot" item to have on current vehicles. I mean, the fact that they aren't putting it on there shows Mitsu's commitment to excellence, and gives me a bit more hope that this won't be a terribly watered down car. My .02, I'd rather mitsu leaves that bullet proof 5 spd than lays down a piece of crap box just to say it HAS a 6 spd like some other cars *cough Tiburon GT cough*.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by HobieKopek
Considering the STi won't be out for half a year after the Evo it's not like you're pressed for time. They're called rumors for a reason. Hold out and see what comes and I'm sure that having the facts will be a lot more beneficial towards your decision than all the rumors being thrown about.
In my experience, which has grown quite a bit lately, the above is good advice.

You should not buy either the Evo or the STi without a test drive, and when you do test drive them, try to discard the rose-colored glasses at the same time. When I was younger, there were many cars that I would have bought without even a test drive, such as a Skyline GT-R, or a Silvia Turbo. Having had a broader range of experience since then, and having actually driven them in a objective manner, I realized how my personal taste is much more important than magazine numbers and reports by people who simply don't look at driving the same way I do. Evo's, STi's, GT-R's and Silvia's, they all have distinct automotive personalities, and it's likely only one of them will really satisfy your actual preferences.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen
Old Nov 8, 2002, 07:34 PM

Thumbs up

thanks for the calming messages. As having owned a GMC Syclone and a T.T. Supra, I am ready for the speed. But now in life I need a family car that doubles as a fun toy. The 6 speed would calm the freeway revs down to a reasonable level IMO. But I will definately drive both before either the EVO or STI has my hard earned dollars.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is my person favorite from the SEMA show

Old Nov 9, 2002, 02:14 AM
In Timeout

I like the Blue. It would be my first choice. I've seen some nice 555 paint jobs in Japan. I like the big ricer wings, too, though.
So shoot me.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 02:59 AM

The pic on the first page that was the same Evolution from the Nopi Nationals in Atlanta,Ga a few weekends ago i got pics for proof
Old Nov 9, 2002, 03:29 AM
Evolving Member

"they are strongly considering "Evolution" instead of Evolution VIII since it's going to be the first in the U.S. "

if its called an Evolution im goin to imidiatly change it to Evolution VIII
Old Nov 9, 2002, 12:52 PM
Account Disabled

really sweet ride Karl.

Quick Reply: Rumors from SEMA show at Mitsubishi's booth.