Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Official evolutionm.net / Speed Ventures Evo Shootout Presented by DSport Magazine

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2004, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
amazing day !!!! congrats to robi for the amazing times, old man is just insane.
Congrats to Kent and STiTHis for showing what a muellerize... car will do DSM style ... BR stage IV is impressive as well as the Scot G. stage I.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations to everyone that participated in the event and to Robi with his amazing driving skills and car. Congratulations to John, Mike and the rest of the RRE team on a great day.

Thanks everyone for coming out and participating in this event. Thanks to Speedventures for a smooth trackday.

Rob
SoCalEvo.net
Old Dec 4, 2004, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Coolguy949
Thanks everyone for coming out and participating in this event. Thanks to Speedventures for a smooth trackday.
Thanks to everyone for coming out except Vishnu. Those guys are spending their weekend with all hands glued to the fire extinguishers. "Oh No!!! We need more extinguishers!!! Mine is running low already!!!"
Old Dec 5, 2004, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by turbrodude
Thanks to everyone for coming out except Vishnu. Those guys are spending their weekend with all hands glued to the fire extinguishers. "Oh No!!! We need more extinguishers!!! Mine is running low already!!!"
Turns out our fact finder (vvvvv) was wrong, they never had a fire. Back on topic.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Dec 5, 2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 09:16 AM

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to say a thank you to Mark (KK) and Aaron at Speedventures for hosting this fantastic event for us. We had a great time at the event and our shop street MR performed better than expected against the race prepped weaponary of Robi (awesome car and driver) and the Road Race boys sweet cars. Congratulations to Robi for setting the fastest time of the day and also for offering to let me drive his beast around the track! Unfortunately Paul Lambert from Stasis engineering had just given me 3 hot laps around the circuit in our shop MR and I realized that I need to get to a driving school quick! I want to thank Paul Lambert of Stasis Engineering for helping over the weekend, shoeing the wheels of our car and getting our car into the 1.26's with a full interior and Toyo RA1's. We are very excited by our results for a daily driven street car and we can't wait to compete in the next shootout with a race preped car.

I also wanted to thank Mitsubishi for supporting this event. Michael Willrich was on hand from Mitsubishi handing out T-Shirts and was a wealth of information. Thanks Michael! Also a big thank you to Toyo Tires and Greg Vandermark for sposoring our car. We couldn't have done it without you guys!

Lastly I wanted to thank all of the attendees and competitors at this event. Everyone was courteous and respectfull of each other and overall it was a great event. Thanks to Mike at RRE for allowing us to borrow your air compressor when ours took a dive.

We will be posting up in car video and pictures of the event on Monday. We look forward to seeing you at the JGTC event in 2 weeks. Please come by the Toyo booth and say hello.

Brett Payne
www.Forcedfed.com
Old Dec 5, 2004, 09:44 AM

My tuners shootout pictures

Here are my pictures from yesterday at the track.

http://public.fotki.com/RallyeX/willowsprings_inter/

RallyeXpress
Old Dec 5, 2004, 09:58 AM

Welp, at least I was'nt dead last.....
03 EVO
Mods-
Xede, $200 open exhaust, Espelir GT Springs, Porterfield R4 pads, and some Pzero Corsa 235 tires(JUNK) on stock rims. This all equals SLOW.

Fun event, although you could feel the tension in the pits and see it out on the track with the off road antics by some of the guys.
Eeekked out a '32 something in qualifying, first time at the track in this clock wise config..... Watching all those hooked up Muellerized cars sure was impressive, flip'n on rails they were!

More Photos, Vids of the event?

Last edited by Speete; Dec 5, 2004 at 10:18 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 10:55 AM

The Force Fed car was definitly impressive. Good job guys.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 12:13 PM

I wish I could have been there, but at least I came up with the idea.

A good turn-out the first year only means it will get better next year! And honestly, although I dislike the Vishnu diehards, you can't blame them for competing in the 25Hr. event. And please stop with the pot-shots, as if your happy that they had problems, especially a fire, which no one would want to experience. Get a grip, your just as immature as the Vishnu diehards.

In this configuration what do some other cars (Z06, Viper, GT3,...) run at SOW?

And was anyone in the top 3 on RA1's?
Old Dec 5, 2004, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metaphysical
And was anyone in the top 3 on RA1's?
No.

1. 1:24.38 Robi - Goodyear racing slicks 275 width
2. 1:25.2 Kent Jordan 275 Hoosiers
3. 125.22 Otto driving GT40's car 275 Hoosiers
4. 1:26.2 Dieter Heinz 275 Hoosiers
5. 126.x?? John Mueller driving a customer car 275 Hoosiers
6. 1:26.3 Sparco 275 Hoosiers
Force Fed Evo 1:26.8?? 275 RA1s.

Last week, same weather conditions:
1:26.2 Paul G. in my car 255 RA1s on stock wheels.

Hey KK, we really need to get the official results and timesheets posted.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Robi was running the new Toyo R888 which are a grippier than RA1's, if he had hoisers he might have been 2 seconds faster than with the R888's. Non only that, the track was cold and it took longer to warm up the tires.

Last edited by Coolguy949; Dec 5, 2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 01:39 PM

Although I don't want to go down this route, some of you have to say that Paul Gerrard just might be Jesus Christ the second coming. The most important modification you can make - the person behind the wheel.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 01:50 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

I'm working on getting the result sheet online. I accidentally left the copy with Aaron so I need to get that from him.

Just to clarify, Robi was not running on slicks. He was running a new version of Toyo tires (not RA-1).

Mark
Old Dec 5, 2004, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Coolguy949
Robi was running the new Toyo R888 which are a grippier than RA1's, if he had hoisers he might have been 2 seconds faster than with the R888's. Non only that, the track was cold and it took longer to warm up the tires.
Wrong. He was running the Toyos all day until the final time trial, where he used the Goodyears. He asked his Toyo sponsor if he minded and got the OK. IIRC, his Toyo sponsor said something like "Does it say Toyo on the side of your car?" Robi said "No." So the rep said go ahead. I talked to him about the tire change for almost 5 minutes before everyone left for the awards dinner. Ask Robi what exact Goodyears he ran on for the final time trial. I don't think they were G19s. Robi said he believes these were better than Hoosiers because they have are designed to carry heavier loads than the Hoosiers. IIRC Robi figured the stiffer sidewalls of the Goodyears more than made up for the specs were the Hoosier's appear to be better.

BTW, weather was identical for for the EOC 3 and the Evom shootout. I was at both. Were you?

Last edited by Smogrunner; Dec 5, 2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
No.

1. 1:24.38 Robi - Goodyear racing slicks 275 width
2. 1:25.2 Kent Jordan 275 Hoosiers
3. 125.22 Otto driving GT40's car 275 Hoosiers
4. 1:26.2 Dieter Heinz 275 Hoosiers
5. 126.x?? John Mueller driving a customer car 275 Hoosiers
6. 1:26.3 Sparco 275 Hoosiers
Force Fed Evo 1:26.8?? 275 RA1s.

Last week, same weather conditions:
1:26.2 Paul G. in my car 255 RA1s on stock wheels.

Hey KK, we really need to get the official results and timesheets posted.

What mods are done to that Force Fed Evo MR? I know one of those MR's was running almost stock, was that the one? Maybe Force Fed can chime in with their mods, so we better know how that car on the same tires compares to Smog's car. Not starting anything, just curious as to how those MR's did and what mods they were running.

Last edited by EVO Neil; Dec 5, 2004 at 02:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Official evolutionm.net / Speed Ventures Evo Shootout Presented by DSport Magazine