Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Official evolutionm.net / Speed Ventures Evo Shootout Presented by DSport Magazine

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2004, 12:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all had a great time. Sorry you ran headlong into the "EVO arms race". Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

The way I see it, the more attention the EVOM Tuner Shootout recieves for this year, the better it will be next year. Considering it was the inaugural event I thought it went exceptionally well.

I think the results and info for the 2004 Event should be posted, locked and stickied on EVOM so it is there for everyone to see. This will help garner support for next year so that it will be even bigger.

The funny part is all of the "tuners" that complained about not being invited to other shootouts didn't come to the 2004 EVOM Shootout either! They can't complain if they don't even participate when they ARE invited, actually more like BEGGED to participate in this case since the organizers went way out of their way to get as many tuners as possible.

Congrats to all of the tuners that did come out though. Participation shows dedication to the craft, and that goes a long way in my book.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 11:09 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

I had an absolute blast at the 2004 Shootout and can't wait for the 2005 event. It's one thing to stare at a nice Evo, but to see them running full steam on track is just awesome. Speaking of which, I started a new thread for the 2005 Shootout so we can all discuss upcoming dates and tracks, etc:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=113417

The 04 Shootout should receive some coverage in a few magazines including DSport (www.dragsport.com) and a few of the Evos that attended may also be featured as well

Mark
Old Dec 30, 2004, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Just read all 23 pages of this.

You guys make me want to road race, and that just isn't right!!

Congrats to everyone, especially Robert Fuller. As much as we aren't known for doing anything but making HP and dragracing it's nice to see our performance parts do so well on a road race car!

I might have to come out for one of these.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 5, 2005, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

EVOm Tuner Time Attack Coverage

Dsport magazine chose one of our fleet of EVOs for this months cover. Congratulations to Ricky Rogers for being selected by Dsport after running his car for the first time ever on a road circuit.

http://www.dragsport.com/issue/2005/...er_story.shtml
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:32 AM

boy, i'm taking a trip down the memory lane... i remember this like yesterday!!