Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Need Help ! Stock Recaro Bracket?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2004, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help ! Stock Recaro Bracket?

Hello everyone,

I just have a question and any opinion will help. I have a set of Recaro SRD and want to put it in my EVO. I'm just wondering will my stock seat bracket will fit? and also the sliders? I tried to take out the bracket and sliders out, but they are very very tight. It seems like they have lock tight on those bolts. So anyway, I'm just wondering if any of you know if i can use the stock seat bracket on the RECARO SRD? or do I have to buy new brackets and sliders to make the SRD fit? any info or idea will help.

thanks
Old Oct 11, 2004, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
forget about using the evo seat mounts, they just will not come off. I have heard that someone got a lancer seat mount off the seat (from junk yard) prolly able to get that mount off because the seat is going to be trash anyway. I believe you have to use a 2003 year lancer (?) not sure about that.
as a last resort buy the mounts from sparco or there is a vendor on the board that has them too.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loctite's enemy is heat. If you have the testicular fortitude, take a propane torch to the bolts for a few seconds each, then keep going back and forth a few times. Be sure to protect the material.