Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

alarm/ turbo timer diagram(been away from the forums)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2005, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alarm/ turbo timer diagram(been away from the forums)

didnt realize my pic from my orginal post is not there no more, so here you go...

Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:43 AM

Hello any one has the factory alarm and an Apexi TT that works, I mean how can you make the car think it is off and close the doors wih the controler and keep them closed and alarm engaged after the TT has shut off the engine?

Please help
Old May 9, 2005, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

okay...about toinstall my blitz TT and an alarm (no remote start) at the same time, 1)do I need this? and if so, just to clarify the image...the ignition power wire coming from the turbo timer looks like it intersects the wires going to terminals 86 on both relays...is this the case or does it just look that way in the pic and terminals 86 are just wired together with no connection to the TT wire?

Thanks...
Old Nov 1, 2005, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by aresix6
okay...about toinstall my blitz TT and an alarm (no remote start) at the same time, 1)do I need this? and if so, just to clarify the image...the ignition power wire coming from the turbo timer looks like it intersects the wires going to terminals 86 on both relays...is this the case or does it just look that way in the pic and terminals 86 are just wired together with no connection to the TT wire?

Thanks...
both terminal from 86 are wired together with a connection to the tt wire. i made that first mistake also. btw i noticed with this relay setup the starter kill or ign sense to the alarm doesnt work since onces. i have to double check again.

Carlo
Old Nov 28, 2005, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

Why not just move the ignition sensing wire from the aftermarket alarm to an ACC wire? That way, when the key is set to the off position, the turbo timer still runs but the alarm now senses the drop in voltage on the ACC wire and looks for signal from the courtesy light (sensing the door opening and closing). Then you can arm the alarm and the car will still be counting down.

Last edited by kmxxbadboy; Nov 28, 2005 at 02:02 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, I need your help...actually the car shop needs your help. I've just purchased a viper alarm and they cant seem to get it to work right. Prior to the install, I had the hks type 1 tt installed (works great). I could remove the key and lock the doors using the manufactors keypad and the car would eventually cutoff and the doors would stay locked. After they installed the car alarm, I would arm it and when the car shut off, it would disarm and unlock the doors. This even happens now with the manufactors keypad as well. They worked on the car for 10 hrs last week trying to get it to work with no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated b/c i'm sure they wouldnt want me to go in and have them uninstall it and refund my money.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what do you do if the Ignition Power wire for the Turbo timer is also the turbo timers sensing wire? then it won't know the ignition is powered on.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
what do you do if the Ignition Power wire for the Turbo timer is also the turbo timers sensing wire? then it won't know the ignition is powered on.
Use a different wire from the TT to trigger the relays.

For instance. I am using the Acc2 wire from my TT to trigger my relays so the TT can still see ignition.

Otherwise if you eliminate a relay on the left you will cuttoff the ignition sensing of the alarm whenever the ignition has power thus, defeating the purpose of having it.

Last edited by BoostEEd; Apr 16, 2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kmxxbadboy
Why not just move the ignition sensing wire from the aftermarket alarm to an ACC wire? That way, when the key is set to the off position, the turbo timer still runs but the alarm now senses the drop in voltage on the ACC wire and looks for signal from the courtesy light (sensing the door opening and closing). Then you can arm the alarm and the car will still be counting down.
That sounds extreamly logical but will your alarm turn on when the car cuts off? The Apexi TT has a security feature to kill the engine if someone pulls the ebrake during the cooling off period(with/out the key I believe). What I'm thinking is in addition to your idea, it would be better if there was a one second delay after the TT turns the car off. If anyone has a wiring and experiments with this please post!

Last edited by Dorikun; Jul 20, 2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dorikun
That sounds extreamly logical but will your alarm turn on when the car cuts off? The Apexi TT has a security feature to kill the engine if someone pulls the ebrake during the cooling off period(with/out the key I believe). What I'm thinking is in addition to your idea, it would be better if there was a one second delay after the TT turns the car off. If anyone has a wiring and experiments with this please post!
Its easy. They sell relays with timers built into them and most alarms have a manual arm wire.

I did a write up here on how I do it, but I need to modify it with a delay.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=265895