Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Evo 8 Car Alarm Central Locking

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8 Car Alarm Central Locking

hey guys peeled off my alarm install last night with all the wiring diagrams etc, however I could not get the central locking to trigger ? In alll the diagrams etc it shows the light green and purple wires the go from the plug into the door harness loom are the ones to tap into, but they dont seem to triger with my test light or show a 12 volt movement with the multimeter? when you unplug the specific loom plug it stops movement of the drivers door whrn pushing the lock unlock on the button.

I am aware that the lancer has a factory immobliser and central locking, but it appears that my car also has a factory alarm which also sounds the horn after entry ? it also has a 'security fitted' sticker on the back window when i got it. It def has never had an aftermarket alarm installed ? I am in new zealand and we have imported it from japan so it possiably could be a different spec to your guys one?

maybe I need to locate the actual central locking relay and trigger it from there, any thoughts ?
Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:47 PM

I'm not sure off hand of the colors but as long as your alarm has a strong negitive (-) pulse for lock and unlock thats all it takes. You can use either side in the kick, the pass is also trigered by the key on the front pass. What kind of alarm is it?
Old Sep 25, 2005, 12:55 AM

its an Autowatch, but its not the alarm, its still not triggering from the test light, possiably diff to US spec evo's ?
Old Sep 27, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Take a fuse holder put a small fuse in it and tap it to ground should activate it. A test light is the last thing you want to use in a car
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:05 AM

blackfly: Did you ever get this sorted? I'm having the exact same problem. We have finally settled on using the orange and pink wires instead of the light green and violet, which seem to work, but cutting these means that the drivers door lock no longer triggers the other doors, and the dome light no longer comes on when the door is unlocked. Would prefer to wire it in a way that left the rest of it working...