Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Help! My headlights aren't sealing properly!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! My headlights aren't sealing properly!

So I went through the process of doing the DIY on blacking out my headlights.

After much blood, sweat, and tears, I was in the process of putting them back together last night.

I was able to seal the first headlight flush around all edges. I reused the existing silcone and added additional silicone to adhese the lens cover and headlight together. A combination of a heatgun and oven at 225 degrees helped seal the two together.

However, the second headlight was NOT as easy. I was able to get 3 sides to seal however even with the assistance of the heat gun and oven, the top side did not fit flush to the lens cover and headlight.

Currently there is a half to a third centimeter gap between the headlight lens cover and the headlight body.

Any ideas to a solution to this to get it to fit flush?

I filled in extra silicone in the gap, if I leave it as is, will I still have moisture to be worried about?

Ideas to why it will not fit flush? Is the original silicone not getting soft enough? Do I have too much silicone in the gap? Is the housing tab supposed to fit within the gap where the lens also fit into the headlight?
Old Jul 26, 2006, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wern't you suppose to take most of the old silicone off and put new silicone? I think the old silicone is your problem, take off all the silicone off or most of it and then reseale it....hope this helps...

chad