Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

O2 Housing and Exhaust Manifold Replacement DIY Request

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:29 AM
ST
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O2 Housing and Exhaust Manifold Replacement DIY Request

Anyone got anything more descriptive w/ pictures then the one stickied ( https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=126245 ) ? I will be doing it this weekend so am trying to prep tools/parts/etc.

TIA
Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:30 PM

I just read an 02 write-up so much better then that one. Im just too lazy to search it. Maybe later.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 04:00 PM
ST
Evolving Member

This is the most descriptive I've seen:

Car has to be cold less chance of striping bolts....My intake arm is stock w/box and have Greddy FMIC kit, HKS BOV Kit..(keep this in mind my installation
maybe a little different...Also be very careful and at your own risk...Hope this help a little and if you start seeing different ways of doing something that is safer and easier for you go for it..make it easy for you thats the trick)

-get cardboard to protect radiator, Cardboard must always block radiator from human damage

-first disconnect your battery - or + dont matter.. (10mm)

-go under and remove the starter... 14mm on bolts( 2 bolts on each side) 12mm on power wire and pull out the clip small wire...put the starter away... trust me i left it hanging on the power wire..bad idea...coolant ran all over it had to clean it...

-take off the dp (12 or 14mm forgot)

-take off the lower intercooler pipe..(12mm from the turbo)

-take out the powersteering shield and move it to the side (2 bolts) 12mm

-got on top and take off the heat shields...2 heat shields..take out the manifold shield, the O2 shield is not coming out until the whole turbo is off(12mm) 8 bolts total on both shields
-take out the valve cover center cover (10mm)and up plug the O2 sensor, i just take out the whole bracket.. also the 2 bolts (10mm) that holds the resevior line from the radiator..

-spray wd40 or penetrating oil on the O2 sensor, unscrew the O2 sensor (7/8mm or 22mm) wrench try no to srip it...

( put something under to hold the used coolant and oil)

-take off 2 bolts from the oil return line (10mm) metal gasket so can be reuse...oil will be dripping out

-on top take off the coolant lines with a plier....just let it run free

-take off the oil sending line from the head( has 2 washers, infront and behind the line...so dont drop em)

-disconnect the top radiator hose from the radiator and pull it aside...
-take off the two bolts that hold the mounts for the radiator so you have more play on it (12mm)

-wd-40 on manifold bolts take them off and pull it right out with the turbo, got to twist it here and there because of the oil return line so have someone guide it out.... 12mm and two 14mm bolt

-You can install the O2 sensor than put it all back in at once....

-i think thats it...spray wd40 on all bolts before screwing it back in...

Just wish it had pix (i'm a visual kinda guy) ;p
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

That is a very informative write-up sir!!!

Thanks for taking the time to do that.