Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

how can i revert back to stock settings?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how can i revert back to stock settings?

I just bought my evo and i think the guy before just ripped all of his mods off, so now i have MADD problems. Not the least of which is that my boost stops at 25 psi, but i dont think it wants to stop there because the car just keeps jerking. How do i get back to the stock settings for boost control?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Does it have a boost controller on it? If so, take it off and hook the stock boost control solenoid up. Either that or leave it on there and turn it down.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PA-silver03evo
Does it have a boost controller on it? If so, take it off and hook the stock boost control solenoid up. Either that or leave it on there and turn it down.

Couldn't have said it better than you steve
Old Oct 24, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

sounds like it has a forge mbc on it. definately take it off and revert that to stock first! youll kill your engine boosting @25lbs w/o meth/alky and a tune.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 09:26 PM

i doesn't have a boost controller on it an di already hooked it back up to the solenoid (its the line below the airbox right?) , but its still boosting way too high, i reset the ecu, still boosting over 20...dont know what 2 do....
Old Oct 25, 2006, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Make sure the lines are ran correctly. They need to go to the turbo outlet nipple, the wastegate actuator, and the intake tube. Also make sure the electrical connector is clipped on the solenoid all the way. If you know anyone else with an evo, you might just want to look at theirs and compare the hose routing and make sure they are the same size hoses.