Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

How To: Fully integrate Turbo Timer and Alarm - with Shock Sensor

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To: Fully integrate Turbo Timer and Alarm - with Shock Sensor

I know there are threads out there for integrating an Alarm/Remote start with your turbo timer using 2 relays, but the problem with that is you have to turn the shock sensor off.

Working off that idea I rewired my setup with 4 relays. This setup is for external shock sensors only (external to the alarm). Your shock sensor may vary. I know some only have three wires. Due to small vibrations when the car shuts off I still had to adjust my shock sensor a tad and play with mounting locations till I found one that worked like I wanted it to, but it is still plenty sensitive to do its job.

The attached diagram shows the integration. The only wires shown in the diagram are the wires used. There may or may not be other wires.

Relay 1:
This relay seperates the turbo timer from the ignition circuit, this way the acc 2 wire will only show power when the Turbo Timer is activated (after the key has been turned off)

Relay 2:
This relay keeps the alarm from sensing ignition when running on the turbo timer

Relays 3 and 4:
These relays dissable the output wires of the shock sensor. These wires normally register 12v and go to 0v when the shock sensor is triggered. Therefore it was not possible to use just one relay on the power or ground wire for the shock sensor as when it was switched on it sent a false trigger to the alarm. If your sensor only has 1 signal wire then you only need one relay.

This mod allows you to arm your alarm while your turbo timer is running and when the turbo timer shuts off it will activate the shock sensor. When not using the turbo timer the system will work as originaly designed.

WARNING: Your setup may vary. Test the signals of your shock sensor with a multimeter before trying this. You should see 12v on the signal wires normally and they should drop to 0v when triggered and return to 12v. This is what worked for me. I hope this helps some others out attempting to do the same thing.
Attached Thumbnails How To: Fully integrate Turbo Timer and Alarm - with Shock Sensor-tt_alarm_integration.jpg  

Last edited by BoostEEd; Apr 22, 2007 at 06:41 AM.