Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Help with Stewart Warner Gauges Please

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Stewart Warner Gauges Please

ok guys

These are the parts that I have, Gruppe-s 3 gauge panel, stewart warner oil, temp/pressure/ and boost gauge.

Now the boost gauge is installed already just going to move it over to the gauge panel.. but the oil temp/pressure, I am a little lost to say the least...

What I am looking for as far as information is how to get the power supply for the oil temp/pressure gauges. I know for making the gauges light up, you tap the dimmer switch wires. so should i make like a daisy chain and only tap it once or tap the same wire 3 times.. and as for the oil temp/pressure gauge to give the senders power, I heard you tap the red ignition wire, so can I tap that twice? and then ground them to a chassis bolt?

I have search but I was get the Defi set up, Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

You can just daisy chain them and tap the illumination, power, and ground once. It's basically the same electrical point with the daisy chain so no need to tap the wires multiple times.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

wouldnt i have to do 2 separate daisy chains one for the illumination and one for power?
Old Jun 13, 2007, 04:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tap the illumination and not the dimmer. the dimmer circuit in a mitsu is a negative and not a positive circuit. i ran my ground out to the block with a 10 gauge wire because a) the oil pressure gauge instructions say to do so and b) i had the wire in my shop. for switched power, you can go right to the radio. and as for "daisy chaining" them, thats fine. its called parallel circuitry. each point will have the same voltage, but the total resistance of the circuit will drop.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ran mine to the sig lighter---has both light and power in one place...and yes, combine all like wires into one for the tap to avoid tapping everything multiple times. someone wrote a piece on gauge installations...might want to search for it...I dont have the info anymore...
Old Jun 13, 2007, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by whitersevo
wouldnt i have to do 2 separate daisy chains one for the illumination and one for power?
Three actually. One for the ground too.