Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

How to remove front bumper?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2003, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to remove front bumper?

Hey Guys

Need your expertise on how to remove the front bumper. May have a leak in my i/c pipings...need to make sure.

Thanks
Ben
Old Aug 5, 2003, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evening all,

Do you want to check the hoses where they connect? Can't you see from below if you remove the cover?

Now here comes my noob question. I wanted to torque down the clamps at the intercooler, and took a quick look at the cover below. There are many of the clips which have a philips like screw head, but turning it doesn't seem to do anything. I can see the backs of the clips through the mesh, and it's not really threaded in, it's one of those deals that "pop" in. Is there a trick to removing them without breaking them all? Am I missing an even easier way to remove the undercover?

Thanks,

FB
Old Aug 6, 2003, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

to remove those clips.... allpy preasure upwards and turn them and they should start to unscrew. They wont unscrew all the way way. Once they are out about 1/2 inch you can pull them out with some preasure
Old Aug 10, 2003, 11:41 AM

Re: How to remove front bumper?

Originally posted by woobos
Hey Guys

Need your expertise on how to remove the front bumper. May have a leak in my i/c pipings...need to make sure.

Thanks
Ben

Are you referring to water that leaks out of the intercooler reservoir and onto the ground when you try to top it off? It appears that there is an ‘overflow’ hose that prevents you from filling the reservoir to the very top. If not, I must have a leak on mine. I just think this has to be by design because I see no reason for a ‘pick-up’ tube near the top of the reservoir. Can anyone fill theirs to the top without it leaking onto the ground?

Old Aug 10, 2003, 04:48 PM

Re: Re: How to remove front bumper?

Originally posted by frogstaple

Are you referring to water that leaks out of the intercooler reservoir and onto the ground when you try to top it off? It appears that there is an ‘overflow’ hose that prevents you from filling the reservoir to the very top. If not, I must have a leak on mine. I just think this has to be by design because I see no reason for a ‘pick-up’ tube near the top of the reservoir. Can anyone fill theirs to the top without it leaking onto the ground?

There is an overflow on it, it's perfectly normal.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

To check your IC piping just remove the splash gaurd under the car. It is 3 sections of balck plasic. start with them small center one, then the smaller one on the passenger side, then the big one in the middle and driver side. those screws that hold them are these annoying *** plastic screws that expand like drywall anchors (those that pop open, not toggle bolts). anyways, sometimes the threads arent engaged, and pushing up on the screw part wont let it get started, so pull down gently on the black splash gaurd to put some tension on the screw, squeezign it a bit shut then unscrew the screw pushing up on it as little as possible. as soon as you get the 1st one out, you'll see what i mean. If after you remove the splashgaurd you feel you need to remove the bumper still, you'll see from the underside the bolts that you'd need to remove, but I can tell you now it will be very tedious.
Old Aug 23, 2003, 03:01 AM
Evolved Member

IC pipings are the ones we should check to ensure proper
boost??

Thanks,
newbie owner