Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Siebon Carbon Fiber Hood/UICP

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2008 | 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Siebon Carbon Fiber Hood/UICP

Does anyone have picks and a write up on how to change out the Evo IX hood and replace it with a C/F Hood ( Seibon ). I know that I take the old one off and put the new one on but I also know that it is not that easy. Also the insulation under the stock hood, how can I get that off. I heard from a good friend of mine that it does serve a purpose and works like a fire blanket for the engine bay.

One more thing, I have the BR Upper Intercooler Pipe and trying to figure out how it goes exactly.

If anyone could help me out that would be great. I have searched but come up dry
Old May 6, 2008 | 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

you won't be able to get the stock stuff from the hood to mount on the seibons. Fitment is hit or miss. They have really been dropping on their quality lately. I'd look into Deft, they make pretty good quality stuff.
Old May 6, 2008 | 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

take the windsheild washer sprayers off the stock hood, pull off stock hood, place on aftermarket hood it retains all factory washers and brackets... the stock venty **** on top sucks, i painted mine black but we retrofitted the stock one onto my friends seibon. only issue u might have is making sure the nozzles fit into the hood (be careful in how you go about this)

as for the upper intercooler pipe. all i can say is take off the stock intercooler pipe and fit the BR one into place. assuming there isn't anything going on with your car you didn't mention and it fits w/ your battery you should be able to bolt it in
Old May 6, 2008 | 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

ok thanks but I have to install a mini battery kit so that the UICP will fit. I tried laying it out to see if I could figure it out but still skraching my head
Old May 6, 2008 | 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sawgunner06
ok thanks but I have to install a mini battery kit so that the UICP will fit. I tried laying it out to see if I could figure it out but still skraching my head
My stock battery got "relocated" so my TurboXS UICP could fit. It basically got slid over, but everything fits. Eventually I'll go to a MiniBattery Kit
Old May 7, 2008 | 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

does anyone have any pics from under the hood of a BR UICP and Mini Battery I can check out. Ring now I have the stock battery out and having trouble taking the stock UICP out. The rubber hose underneath that goes to the stock BOV is on there pretty good and a B***H to get off.

Any suggestions
Old May 7, 2008 | 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Got it on. Man what a pain.

Got a small chip in the hood though trying to put in the water nozzel. The rubber seal seem to cove most of it but it still shows a little bit of the chip. What can I use to seal it