Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Sun Auto Hyper Gauss Install

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:12 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A magnet is a magnet. All of the crap they sell is listed there one way or another, these devices have so many different names, but it is all the same concept. The EPA just doesn't have the time.
I have some beach front property in Arizona I am getting rid of cheap, interested?

Devices Tested by EPA
The following list categorizes various types of "gas-saving" products, explains how they're used and gives product names. Those with asterisks may save measurable, but small, amounts of gas. All others have been found not to increase fuel economy.

Fuel Line Devices (magnets). These magnetic devices, clamped to the outside of the fuel line or installed in the fuel line, claim to change the molecular structure of gasoline.

The EPA has evaluated: PETRO-MIZER; POLARION-X; Super-Mag Fuel Extender; Wickliff Polarizer [fuel line magnet/intake air magnet].

Fuel Line Devices (metallic). Typically, these devices contain several dissimilar metals that are installed in the fuel line, supposedly causing ionization of the fuel.

Notice no asterisks.
"Performance without the Price Tag"
Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallen
A magnet is a magnet. All of the crap they sell is listed there one way or another, these devices have so many different names, but it is all the same concept. The EPA just doesn't have the time.
I have some beach front property in Arizona I am getting rid of cheap, interested?

Devices Tested by EPA
The following list categorizes various types of "gas-saving" products, explains how they're used and gives product names. Those with asterisks may save measurable, but small, amounts of gas. All others have been found not to increase fuel economy.

Fuel Line Devices (magnets). These magnetic devices, clamped to the outside of the fuel line or installed in the fuel line, claim to change the molecular structure of gasoline.

The EPA has evaluated: PETRO-MIZER; POLARION-X; Super-Mag Fuel Extender; Wickliff Polarizer [fuel line magnet/intake air magnet].

Fuel Line Devices (metallic). Typically, these devices contain several dissimilar metals that are installed in the fuel line, supposedly causing ionization of the fuel.

Notice no asterisks.
Yes, I read that. Nevertheless, if a magnet was a magnet as if all the same, then EPA wouldn't have tested different brands. Aside from suggesting that the magnetic products they tested doesn't work, EPA never issued a statement that ionic technology will not work to increase gas efficiency. This is critical. For example, if company X and Z made an intake to increase hp but it was found to be ineffective, it doesn't mean that company Y's intake is ineffective (different variates of the same construct may produce different output). Furthermore, EPA suggested that if you brought a gas saving product and was not satisfied with it then contact the company and request a refund. This implies that the consumer should judge for themselves, which I actually wouldn't suggest. How do you define satisfaction? How does a consumer test the product in a controlled environment to make an educated decision? Again, I'm being objective here and simply searching for truth. I will await a response from EPA.

[b]As a cautionary note, I would strongly suggest that before anyone purchase a gas saving product, that they acknowledge the fact that it may not work and that assessing the effectiveness yourself is extremely complicated as you must control for extraneous variables (temperature, average speed, driving tendencies (e.g., how much pressure is applied to the pedal), et cetera). I would also suggest reading the articles that Tallen graciously provided links for (thanks T! ). You will find that EPA has provided useful tips for saving gas and has listed products that they tested with effectiveness (although minimum) indicated with an "*" or "**" on only a few products.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 01:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dk: please school us when you get that EPA info...I'm very curious =)
Old Jun 17, 2008, 04:38 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dk, read up on that fitch thing if you are getting into the priusEVO project.
I'm curious as it supposedly got the green light from the EPA, though while searching I heard mixed reviews.
"Performance without the Price Tag"