Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Sun Auto Hyper Gauss Install

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2008, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sun Auto Hyper Gauss Install

Does anyone have photos that they can share showing the location of a Sun Auto Hyper Gauss? I know that it goes on the fuel line and would take a minute to install, but I don't know exactly where on the fuel line is the best location. Help!
Old May 11, 2008, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

If this has a manual, it prob has a few suggested locations. If not, I don't think it matters where the thing goes...I'd say simply wherever it fits.

Btw does this product work? Do you notice any of the claims the company states?
Old May 11, 2008, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by legato
If this has a manual, it prob has a few suggested locations. If not, I don't think it matters where the thing goes...I'd say simply wherever it fits.

Btw does this product work? Do you notice any of the claims the company states?

Well, Sun Auto suggest that this product will increase power, torque, and fuel mileage; enhance throttle response, quiet the engine, and reduce emissions. Test results for the Evolution is not available at the moment. It operates off ionic technology, so there should be improvement at least in fueld efficiency. With increasing gas prices, products like this are essential. I'll post feedback after I install it.
Old May 11, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

yea please keep us up to date... im interested in all their products im just skeptical. But hey if you report back that theres a difference i wouldn't mind buying their products. GL
Old May 11, 2008, 05:10 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, gas prices go up and every sucker in the universe is back to buying intake vortex generators and fuel ionizers. Seriously? Do research man. Buy some mothball pills as well (see BioPerformance, by the way I'm joking). And take a good chemistry class too.
"Performance without the Price Tag"
Old Jun 3, 2008, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tallen
Wow, gas prices go up and every sucker in the universe is back to buying intake vortex generators and fuel ionizers. Seriously? Do research man. Buy some mothball pills as well (see BioPerformance, by the way I'm joking). And take a good chemistry class too.
So, you're saying that people are fools for trying to increase fuel efficiency?
Old Jun 6, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

any update on this?
Old Jun 15, 2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by VRamirez2004
any update on this?

I didn't notice a difference in mpg after installing Sun Auto's pocket smoke. However, further testing is needed.

On primlimary tests, I recorded an average of 2.1mpg increase after installing the Sun Auto Hyper Gauss. Driving conditions were held to a constant.

Although the Lancer's head unit can be used to track mpg, assessing the amount of fuel spent per gallon is not that simple. There are variables that must be controlled for such as temperature, driving tendencies (e.g., going full throttle), average speed, et cetera.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 12:55 PM

Definately let us know how it worked ive been kinda curious about this product
Old Jun 15, 2008, 01:12 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by darkknight
So, you're saying that people are fools for trying to increase fuel efficiency?
Yes that is exactly what I said. Learn to read please.
I am saying people are fools for buying gimmicky products. Check the BBB for lawsuits on suck, oops I mean such, products.

The only one actually not shot down for false claims is that one that goes directly into the fuel line. Can't recall name. Magical magnets won't do it.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 01:51 PM

Yes that is exactly what I said. Learn to read please.
I am saying people are fools for buying gimmicky products. Check the BBB for lawsuits on suck, oops I mean such, products.

The only one actually not shot down for false claims is that one that goes directly into the fuel line. Can't recall name. Magical magnets won't do it.
People are inquiring about ways to save gas. Gas efficiency and alternatives are very important issues, to think otherwise would be foolish. We have to start somewhere. Some companies will produce products that are effective while others are not. That's what this thread is about. If you provide a link to some articles, then your contribution to this thread would be valuable to all of us. Otherwise, calling names and telling people to learn to read, won't get your point across.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 08:44 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by darkknight
People are inquiring about ways to save gas. Gas efficiency and alternatives are very important issues, to think otherwise would be foolish. We have to start somewhere. Some companies will produce products that are effective while others are not. That's what this thread is about. If you provide a link to some articles, then your contribution to this thread would be valuable to all of us. Otherwise, calling names and telling people to learn to read, won't get your point across.
Yes yes, very important blah blah, insert generic comment about rising gas prices here. If you want to start somewhere, build an electric car for short commuter trips. But buying stupid products that have forever been proven ineffective will get you where exactly? This is not an alternative, rather a scam. And this thread, as titled, is about a magical fuel saving magnet that somehow aligns nonmagnetic particles, not about every fuel saving product out there.

Here's your article.
http://us.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SitePage.a...fa916&art=4501

This is the only thing not shot down by the good old gov't agencies.
http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/
Give that a shot.

Not trying to be an ***, rather a good shot at reality. I do understand the nature of trying to find some way to help relieve the issue, but this is not it. Try doing basic maintainence (plugs, boost leaks, o2 sensors) and checking the tires for proper inflation. This can help immensely. Some magnet or vortex product isn't going to do a thing. If you ever get a shot at a fluid dynamics/physics, etc class, take it.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the references man...I seriously hope people w/ the hyper gauss are actually seeing some improvement...Otherwise it would be heinous to even promote such a product on a nationwide forum...

Last edited by legato; Jun 15, 2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 06:53 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by legato
Thanks for the references man...I seriously hope people w/ the hyper gauss are actually seeing some improvement...Otherwise it would be heinous to even promote such a product on a nationwide forum...
There are so many factors that effect gas mileage, even if you drive consistently every day, there will still be differences in gas mileage. Any data from the road is moot. That is why the EPA does tests under set conditions.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:24 AM

There are so many factors that effect gas mileage, even if you drive consistently every day, there will still be differences in gas mileage. Any data from the road is moot. That is why the EPA does tests under set conditions.
Yes, I pointed out earlier in this thread that there are many factors involved and that's it's complicated. I appreciate the links, although it doesn't indicated that SUN AUTO's products don't work, so to shoot them down without cause (based on controlled experimentation) would be a premature move. That's why I wrote to EPA earlier regarding SUN AUTO. When they respond, I'll be sure to share it with everyone.

Quick Reply: Sun Auto Hyper Gauss Install