Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Buschur Front Undertray Install

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2008, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lttldggr
So, if your going to drill the holes, why don't you just buy a sheet of metal and make it yourself since you are so handy with the tools. Seems like a crappy design to me. A more practical one would be the Undertray made by beatrush. Just think Buschur could've put a little more thought into the design.
Their is more to it then just buying an aluminum sheet. I was originally going to do that but then they wanted $150 just for the sheet. Then you have to go through the trouble of designing it. Not as easy as you would think. For the little extra money it is already made for you. This is a simple design to serve a simple function. This is not something that needs the bling factor or to be shown off. So far instead of the steering wheel starting to shake at 90mph it starts at 120mph.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 09:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RevMoto
Their is more to it then just buying an aluminum sheet. I was originally going to do that but then they wanted $150 just for the sheet. Then you have to go through the trouble of designing it. Not as easy as you would think. For the little extra money it is already made for you. This is a simple design to serve a simple function. This is not something that needs the bling factor or to be shown off. So far instead of the steering wheel starting to shake at 90mph it starts at 120mph.
trust me , we had to make our own cause i had to incorporate a catch pan into mine.. it took 2 good days of work to do it custom on my car with a 2" lip etc and to fit properly.. this piece is a steal at 175.00!!
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just being the devil's advocate. Anything is better than the stock or no under tray.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Does it have a way of changing the filter and oil with out removal of the under tray ?

Looks like it sealed pretty good if you have external dump tube you thinks there is gonna be a problem with the air getting out ?
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
What are you using to hold it on? The OEM fasteners are the nightmare of taking the stock undertray off and on to me, not the undertray itself.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Does it have a way of changing the filter and oil with out removal of the under tray ?

Looks like it sealed pretty good if you have external dump tube you thinks there is gonna be a problem with the air getting out ?
To answer your questions... (from what I read in this thread)..

1. It takes 5 minutes to take the tray on and off.. so you have that option.. or you can cut a hole in it for the oil to drain out..

2. You must cut a hole for the gases to get out of the external dump..
Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Boost3dxEvO
To answer your questions... (from what I read in this thread)..

1. It takes 5 minutes to take the tray on and off.. so you have that option.. or you can cut a hole in it for the oil to drain out..

2. You must cut a hole for the gases to get out of the external dump..
Thanks, alot looks super sleek , I have the Beatrush one it's alright but I've been check this one out.
Old May 12, 2008, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

wouldnt that trap hot air vs. beatrush
Old May 12, 2008, 06:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Wow! Ive never even seen this before. Nice write up. Thanks!

Originally Posted by wasFWDnowAWD
Heat rises.....
Old May 12, 2008, 08:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wasFWDnowAWD
maybe if you sealed the whole front of the car off and the grill.. Being that air comes thru the front and exits behind the motor i am sure it pulls most of the hot air out..
Old May 12, 2008, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

nice write up - still don't understand why they don't come with the wholes pre-drilled out...
Old May 12, 2008, 09:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Probably cause there are alot of guys with different bumpers and/ or lips..
Old May 12, 2008, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

That makes sense...
Old May 21, 2008, 01:59 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Also, in the original thread bushur stated that he didn't make trap doors for the filter and oil drain because sometimes when guys go off track it allows bad things to happen... some real life examples were provided. This was made to be pretty easy to take off for your oil change.

If you don't like using the stock dzus fasteners you can use standars screws or a number of other options.

Thanks for the write-up!
Old May 27, 2008, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lttldggr
So, if your going to drill the holes, why don't you just buy a sheet of metal and make it yourself since you are so handy with the tools. Seems like a crappy design to me. A more practical one would be the Undertray made by beatrush. Just think Buschur could've put a little more thought into the design.
I saw a beatrush undertray that got caught on some snow and ripped half a guys front bumper off on his evo... just something to think about

Quick Reply: Buschur Front Undertray Install