Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

HKS Super Sequential Blow-off Valve Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2003, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool VTA HKS Super Sequential Blow-off Valve Installed!!!

Installed it today. I had a local shop weld a little pipe coimng off the flange, so it comes out straight instead of the angled elbow that comes with the 95-99 Eclipse GST flange.

Its VTA and no bogging or idle problems at all.
Attached Thumbnails HKS Super Sequential Blow-off Valve Installed!!!-dsc00126.jpg  

Last edited by BadBoyBeltran; Sep 19, 2003 at 11:25 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

More

Heres another view from a different angle!!! This is much louder and better than the stock BOV with the cone filter sound. I also noticed it picks up boost easy (probably because it doesnt leak).
If you noticed, I just rerouted the stock hose coming from the intercooler pipe to the stock BOV. I left the stock BOV to plug the hole on the rubber intake pipe until I get an aluminum plug made (yep, ghetto engineering at its finest, but I just couldnt wait any longer to install the HKS SSQV).

I love this car!!!
Attached Thumbnails HKS Super Sequential Blow-off Valve Installed!!!-dsc00127.jpg  
Old Sep 20, 2003, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree with you on the idle/bogging prroblem. I have seen NOTHING to speak of... maybe a 800RPM "droop" once in a great while, but everything is FINE with my Blitz DD BOV vented to the atmosphere.

I used to have the HKS on my FD and I LOVED it... I figured i'd give the Blitz a shot on my EVO. I like it a LOT, but I think if I upgrade, APEXi is my next BOV. =)

-Matt
Old Sep 22, 2003, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

nice install. i'm waiting for mine to come in (should be today) so that'll be tonight's project . don't know what flange I ordered, but it's on lancershop.com if that helps ?. got sound clips?
Old Sep 22, 2003, 08:54 AM
In Timeout

Re: More

Why did you do away with the stock cold intake for this hot air intake?

Originally posted by BadBoyBeltran
Heres another view from a different angle!!! This is much louder and better than the stock BOV with the cone filter sound. I also noticed it picks up boost easy (probably because it doesnt leak).
If you noticed, I just rerouted the stock hose coming from the intercooler pipe to the stock BOV. I left the stock BOV to plug the hole on the rubber intake pipe until I get an aluminum plug made (yep, ghetto engineering at its finest, but I just couldnt wait any longer to install the HKS SSQV).

I love this car!!!