Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Exedy Twin Disc??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2003, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exedy Twin Disc??

Just wondering if anyone has the Exedy twin disc clutch istalled?? i went the the track last night and my best run was 14.09@95.14mph 60ft.1.90..it felt great off the line..second run i completly sliped the clutch it felt like i was spinning all 4 tires for about 3 seconds..but all it was is the clutch burning..i smelled clutch the whole way down the track that run was 14.48@95.34 60ft.2.24 ..closes to my best run after that was a 14.3@95.5 60ft 2.12...Im bone stock btw..i know after how good my first run felt i could get mid to upper 13's..could 1 burning of the clutch like that make it slip the rest of the night?? Anyway just a few questions to throw out there im new to turbo's and AWD..im thinking about that exedy clutch now anyone have it
Old Oct 2, 2003, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

I can get some customer testimonials together for you. They all love it and I have one left at $1399 shipped which is an excellent price and they are VERY hard to come by (been on backorder since release) PM me or email me at sales@drcimports.net . Thanks !
Old Oct 2, 2003, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

BTW , to help answer your question , yes , 1 burning of the clutch can actually ruin it for good. There alot of Evo owners here on the forums that do one launch and their clutch is gone. If you want a good clutch , you will HAVE TO buy an aftermarket one because the stock clutch won't last long if you do ANY kind of racing or even frequent launches from a stop light. There is a possibility that it will last but I doubt it. I have seen too many go.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

A few things...

If you are going to post on here saying that you raced, I would strong recommend putting the disclaimer in my signature in yours. I raced my car at the track, and Mits found out about it through this board and some video they took of me and tried to deny me a warranty claim on a 5th gear synchro.

When they were fixing the synchro, I installed the Exedey twin-plate which I purchased from Dustin at DRC Imports (see above). I am still breaking the clutch in so I can't give you a perfect testimonial of it yet but I can say that it grips much much much better and does not feel to be putting any extra wear on the tranny. Now if I give slightly too much acceleration off the line, it spins the tires just a tad which I could never do with the stock clutch. This is a good thing because instead of the tranny taking the beating off the line, it is distributing some of that load through loss of traction which will actually IMPROVE your 60 foots.

I will also say that Dustin at DRC Imports is a pleasure to work with and without a doubt has the best prices on the Exedey clutches (trust me...I shopped around). But not only do you get a good price with him, it is accompanied by proven customer service.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

You're making me blush. Thanks alot Kevin !
Old Oct 2, 2003, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

im a little short on cash this month..if your consistently lower in price with your products i will be buying from you regulary
Old Oct 2, 2003, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

For sure evo8ya , let me know anytime I can help and feel free to include the prices you have found elswhere if you wish to. Thanks !
Old Oct 3, 2003, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Sweet..i will defintely be doing alot of mods this winter..we will be doing business..thanks
Old Oct 3, 2003, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Thank YOU bro , my customers keep my son fed !