Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Radiator install help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radiator install help needed

Holy hell.

i've got a hole in my stock radiator and now have a new one with a slim fan. (both are mishimoto products).

this thing does NOT look like it will fit with all factory evo ix components. (ie stock upper and lower intercooler pipes... i've seen with picture of one installed with an aftermarket one)

anyone every successfully installed a mishimoto radiator (with stock fan or aftermarket) and had it fit? or more importantly does anyone know how to do it on an evo ix?

please god someone say yes.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:23 AM

anyone?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Just remove the 2 upper supports
Take off the bottom, and upper radiator hose. Pull it straight up and out.

and do the other in reverse. I just installed a Koyo 3" in min and running stock fans with RNR GT35R
So yours should fit no problem
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yes they have look at my sig. I have a evo 8 but its the same as evo 9. I have a full install guide of the radaitor on my car page check it out. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3123213/12

here is a very old installed pic. i have had it in since last thanksgiving installed it myself no issues at all raditor is perfect

Last edited by RockmanX; Jun 4, 2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 05:13 AM

well i just replaced the stock radiator with the mishimoto one and it definitely wont fit the stock fan/shroud with stock uicp hoses. nor will the mishimoto radiator fit the dual slim fan.

haha maybe i have the wrong part but that thing isnt even close to fitting. the mishimoto radiator is about 1 cm from the turbo heat shield. no room for anything there. maybe a finger but that sounds like a bad idea.

for now im running on one fan (because neither the stock fan and shroud nor the mishimoto dual slim fan and shroud will fit with the mishimoto radiator in place) so no stop and go hot daylight traffic for me.

one more thing. its actually rubbing against what ever that metal piping is located on the passenger side of the radiator. this b**** is HUGE! hehe.

all in all, it wasn't too bad of an install (and i'm about as novice as one can be). I'll never have to deal with that blood thirsty fan shroud that mitsu puts in there ever again. i think the rabbit from monty python's holy grail was reincarnated into the machines that build those units. good riddance.

thanks to those who offered advice. evom rocks.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

where did u buy thr radiator from?Most definitly the wrong part part #. Call and get a replacement.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Smooth
where did u buy thr radiator from?Most definitly the wrong part part #. Call and get a replacement.
I agree. I know those radiators are very thick however it still should fit. If you want more clearance in the engine bay take a look at the CBRD radiator. Its a really nice product.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
YOU GOT THE WRONG PART FOR SURE. did you check out my install guide and my pic above the radaitor slide right in no issues with fitment or touching anything not the mention im using the OEM FAN. you bought the wrong one and yours is not made for a evo and prepare for some problems to arise. As sugguested above you need to get the correct EVO SPECIFIC radaitor and send that one back if you need assistance with finding the right one feel free to pm me but i had no issues and fit fine. you can find PLENTY more pics on my website and see it sit perfectly flush and not touching a thing
Old Apr 6, 2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by heel2toe
I agree. I know those radiators are very thick however it still should fit. If you want more clearance in the engine bay take a look at the CBRD radiator. Its a really nice product.
Its now 2011 and same problem. Some spots are small clearance...others are zero clearance. I'm worried about chafing and premature failure... Working on issue resolution...