Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

fACTORY PIECES INTALLED

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2003, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb fACTORY PIECES INTALLED

OKAY.. MITSU PUTS OUT SOME NICE FACTORY ACCESSORIES DOES ANYONE HAVE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADD-ONS LIKE:

E-BRAKE GRIP
GAUGE CLUSTER PANEL
SPORT PEDALS

THANKS....
Old Nov 4, 2003, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

They should come with the accessories, no?
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

NO... I think because they are factory parts (that the dealership wants to install) They don't seem to come with any directions...

Strange but I would love for some one that has already installed the e-brake and cluster to give a mini tutorial....
Old Nov 4, 2003, 12:25 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

They'll come with the accessories, and they're pretty easy, except for the pedals.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Mine came with instructions. From what I remember you need to drill through your pedals with a 1 point something mm bit [I forgot] and screw the covers on. Remember to remove the rubber over the brake and clutch, not the gas pedal.

The gauge cluster involves removing a couple screws up top of the cluster, then pulling out the cluster. It tips out from the top first, then carefully remove the plastic shield protecting the gauges. There's 3 tabs on the back of the cluster that you press to release the cover, then stick the gauge surround on and put it back in the reverse order. That's very easy.

I'm not sure of the E brake, but that's probably the easiest of the three.
Hope that helps.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

I've done all three and they DO come with instructions.

The cluster surround sheet recommended pulling the - terminal on the battery to unplug the cluster. I did NOT do this since I was able to get the plactic cover off without pulling the wires. Be careful not to scratch or fingerprint the plastic when you're in there. It's hard to clean without stratching. Took about 5 minutes to complete.

The e-brake handle - I heated it with a hair dryer and it twisted right off. The new one slips on and attaches with 5 or 6 hex set screws. Took about 3 minutes to complete.

The pedals are a pain. It's easy removing the old stuff. The gas pedal was pretty easy. The clutch gets a little harder since most drills don't fit under the dash. It wasn't too bad with the clutch pedal since you can depress it far enough to get the drill in. Forget it with the brake. It was a huge juggle to get the drill in there...but I did do it. I did hear some other say theu removed something to get the drill in there but I couldn't find anything that looked removeable that would have helped. I was bumping up against metal with my drill. Maybe a smaller drill or ideally a right-angle drill would make it easy. This took me at least a half hour or more.

You didn't mention the shift knob but that screws on in about 2 seconds.

I can answer more specific questions if you have any.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the help on this... I'm guessing then it would also be easy to change the shift boot and replace it with one that has a nice blue stich, right???? How you I do this since this would not be a factory piece... Thanks again for all the help....
Old Nov 7, 2003, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry can't help no that one. I'd guess the base where it attaches to the console comes off and it attaches from below.