Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

How much do you guys think I can sell this for?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much do you guys think I can sell this for?

I'm not asking to sell this here as I do not have 50 posts yet and it is the wrong forum. If im not aloud to ask how much its worth I apologize.

I recently retained my salvage 04 evo 8 from the insurance company. Which while they were storeing the exhaust magically disappeared, the back bumper got a nice new huge gouge in it, and all the broken parts were stuffed into the spotless(before) interior.

I was wondering if you guys could give me a rough estimate of the value of the total car? Or if you think I should take the "part out" route..and could I make more this way? The car is a 2004 Evo 8 with 45,454miles on it. The exhaust as I said was stolen. The front end is destroyed but I think the only things broken under the hood as far as engine parts are the Radiator, Fans, Intercooler, Battery box, and Air box.(though im no mechanic). The only after market mod(since exhaust is stolen) is the Exedy Stage 2 Racing Clutch with less than 2,000 miles on it.

I have an offer of $5,000 cash..and emails from 15 different people just from posting it on craigslist last evening(the majority interested in the entire car)

Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:03 PM

you'll probably catch a lot of flack for posting it here. BUTTTTTTTTT....I'm sure a lot of people will tell you this same thing: Part it out. If you have the time, you can make a lot more than 5000 of parts. Honestly, I'm interested in something, but PM me when you decide if you are gonna part it out or not.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:07 PM
Account Disabled

Ehh, i don't think you can get too much for that car, well it all depends i guess, but it'll be hard to get the price you probably want, so what "mogace" said, you better off parting it out and you'll probably get more money then if you were to sell it as is.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

It would be your best bet to just part it out and post a list of everything you were able to salvage from it. Not going to be worth much selling it "as is".
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:04 AM

Ok thanks guys