Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

How to "hellaflush" an Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to "hellaflush" an Evo 8

I got an 03 evo 8 and i was wanting to "hellaflush" it but i dont know where or how to start. any tips? thanks
Old Sep 11, 2011, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you could start by looking into the show & shine section. look for a thread called "stanced" they are all hellaflush setups and you could talk to some of the guys in there. basically you need good coilovers to dump your car, the widest wheel you can get under there and a stretched tire so the sidewalls dont rub, then roll and pull the hell out of your fenders if you need clearance.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

you could sell your evo for a vw
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by localtoys73
this, /close thread
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to be a hater...but the gentleman is correct.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:19 PM

x1000000000000
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Big wheels (at least 18s), low offset, stretched tires (tires narrower than the wheels). And a bit of camber. Thats hellaflush.

Stanced is something different. That requires a metric ****on of camber in the front, 2 metric ****ons of camber in the rear, and you should be so low your front lip will be approx 1 inch off the ground. And even wider wheels with narrower tires. The rim edge should be clearly separated from the edge of the tire.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
^^^is this written on some kinda of "stanced" bible?? Waht difference does it make...?

car is still dumped and outfitted with mexiflush looking offsets that don't fit the car and 215s... everyone has their own version of what "stanced" should be. Don't make sound like its some kind of specifics that has to be met to get the "stanced" stamp seal of approval. you make it sound like your at a dog show.... Its like its a dog breed or something

oh and OP if your going to do this don't forget the silly stickers on the rear window of the car

"fatlace"
"I love haters"
and so on....

at the VW comment...

Yea, first person that posted basically summed it up in a nutshell.
I say the above not to hate but just as a humor.

But on a serious note... Its not hard but if anything, it is expensive and the drawbacks to being dumped are also something to consider... especially if this is your only car.

Damage to your front bumper from almost anything on the road, camber wear on tires and no function/performance. EVOs are not the best DDs to begin with even in stock form so if this will be your DD, then it is going to make the car even less bareable.

Last edited by Astro_Train; Sep 11, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

lol
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Why is everyone such a bunch of ****** on here? If the man wants to hellaflush his evo help him out. Seriously every damn thread I look at is someone wanting to try something followed by 1800 people who tell him how dumb he is. The evo is an awesome car and is capable of incredible things but not even half you tards can claim a decent race setup. I've owned more cars than most and have frequented boards from Subaru to Audi to Chevy and have never had the pleasure of so much negative bull****. It's not even creative anymore,
^ this / threadx3000000000 lol seriously it's an evo not a (fittingcarbrand)
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sinbig
Why is everyone such a bunch of ****** on here? If the man wants to hellaflush his evo help him out. Seriously every damn thread I look at is someone wanting to try something followed by 1800 people who tell him how dumb he is. The evo is an awesome car and is capable of incredible things but not even half you tards can claim a decent race setup. I've owned more cars than most and have frequented boards from Subaru to Audi to Chevy and have never had the pleasure of so much negative bull****. It's not even creative anymore,
^ this / threadx3000000000 lol seriously it's an evo not a (fittingcarbrand)
You bumped a dead thread...BUT...if he had searched, he would have found that this stupid style isn't popular with this community. He can do it, sure, because it's his car blah blah blah. But don't expect everyone here to support something they don't believe in, or even pretend to. Don't post ANYTHING that you don't want subjective comments for. I'm sick of people saying "here's my 'x'" and then getting bent because people don't like it.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

So as long as everyone conforms to the majority of this community they can be free of condemnation. Thanks lemming. I know the thread was old but this is a common occurrence for almost every thread I come across and it's just such a bunch of Internet conformity wannabe tough guy bull****.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
True that. It's the OP's car and that's what he wants to do with it. He didn't ask everyones opinion of what they thought about going hellaflush. He simply asked how to. No need to jump on him for it.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If your asking on how to do it then its not really for you!!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 02:54 PM

I lol'd at this thread title and comments. I cant believe this was posted in the diy section lol.

Quick Reply: How to "hellaflush" an Evo 8