Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

For those of you with a-pillar mounted gauges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2004, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you with a-pillar mounted gauges

How did you guys run the wires from your a-pillar gauges?

I like how people are mounting the gauges in the center console, but I'd imagine it is too hard to keep an eye on the gauges and on the road, so I'm going to put them on the a-pillar.

BTW, any pics of your a-pillar gauges is appreciated
Old Feb 2, 2004, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

i ran my vacuum line through the pasenger hole behind the glove. i just pushed it in from the engine until i saw it in the car. i pulled it behind the center console and towards the a-pillar.

wiring is easy. just take the panel on the side of the dash off. remove the coin tray. i grounded to a bolt behind the stock pillar i removed. i have two gauges so i ran the two together, grounds are together and power/ illumination. tapped power.illuminatino in the fusebox.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

I assume the vacuum line can ran into the A pillar without any pinching to the lines?
Old Feb 2, 2004, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

if u get a autometer boost gauge. swap the nylon line to a rubber vacuum hose and u need a fitting as well.

the nylon crinkled no matter what i did. my friend still uses his nylon line in his supra, its alittle kinked where u attach to the gauge. but it gives him accurate readings.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

That stupid nylon line I think is pinched and is giving me low readings. But it might not what a pain.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bom's Evo
if u get a autometer boost gauge. swap the nylon line to a rubber vacuum hose and u need a fitting as well.

the nylon crinkled no matter what i did. my friend still uses his nylon line in his supra, its alittle kinked where u attach to the gauge. but it gives him accurate readings.
That was my problem all along. The nylon line worked great for over a year. Then I littreally ran into some problems. I thought I had a boost leak. I fixed a few of them and my guage was still reading way low. I messed with the MBC swithched springs moved it ect ect, Did another pressure test still had some leaks I couldent find. and the guage is reading low, takes a while to build boost. So I pulled the a-pillar and replaced the nylon tube with a rubber hose and every thing works great.

The point is don't use that cheap nylon line that comes with Auto meter guages.

It is strange but the car feels faster now, I think it might be in my head.