Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Blinker Cancellation...anyone know how it works?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2004, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blinker Cancellation...anyone know how it works?

After a front end repair and air bag replacement, I notice that my blinker cancellation doesn't work correctly. It seems off to the left. On a right turn, the wheel needs to make a 1/4 turn left to cancel. On a left turn, the wheel needs to turn 180deg and cancels 1/2 way back. A new clock spring and steering wheel were installed in the exact location of the original, and no alignment was affected. I have the CD service manual, but have been unable to locate the specifics on the blinker cancellation. I'm sure it's in the clear housing under the column cover, but wonder if anyone has ever experienced this or has any suggestions.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when the column is assembled, the signal cancelation must be aligned properly. that's what sounds to be the problem. disassemble the column and look to see that the cancelation assembly(should be right behind the airbag/horn wiring reel) is where it should be....don't know the specifics or details on the evo yet, but you should be able to turn the center hub a little bit to get it centered correctly.