Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

For those of you who own a Forge Recirc BOV

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who own a Forge Recirc BOV

I worked non-stop all weekend long on my Evo installing the K&N Typhoon intake and Forge Recirc BOV. K&N works great and sounds like you have a jet airplane in your engine, but the forge was another thing. I want to say beforehand that I do not blame forge or vivid for the trouble, and that both companies were extremely friendly and helpful in my stuggle. First of all, I found out from Vivid that the only way the forge BOV truly works well is having the vacuum nipple pointed towards the radiator. Also, I found out that the blue spring is best for stock boost. Also, that a mild, 2-3 times flutter is normal for a recirc BOV, and not to worry. Also, that you should definitley check and make sure the vacuum hose is kink-free. Tighten all clamps fully tight, and then it SHOULD work. I tried it both ways with every single combo of springs and shims, and mine still fluttered severly. If you have this problem of too much flutter, call vivid. I talked to them this morning for about an hour, and they told me to send it back that sometimes they are defective. I will post again when the new one comes in to see if they were right. Overall, the forge is still a reliable unit, you just need to make sure that it is not defective. I say thanks to Vivid and Forge for thier help and understanding, and, just to clear this up, the forge BOV is still the most trustworthy and reliable BOV out there, even if a few have faltered. Don't forget, the Forge BOV for the Evo was originally built for the WRX, thus it was fabriacted and the blue spring is necessary because it was built with green spring for 14-15 psi of WRX. Just a little lesson I learned from two days of blood, sweat and curse words.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Vivid is a great bunch of guys....Dan M. and the rest should be able to help you out without a doubt.

As far as the Forge...well...all I can say is this....I don't own mine anymore. I went back to stock and am going to stay that way till I get a recirc kit for my HKS SSQV...unless I end up finding a Greddy Type-S or a Tial cheap that recircs.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:03 PM

I will test the next Forge BOV and see if it is the same as the other. Vivid is great, and they helped me tremendously.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

How did your new Forge dv do?
Old May 9, 2004, 01:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
bump