Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

HKS EIDs Install

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2004, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKS EIDs Install

Just recently purchase an HKS EIDS ( Electronic Idle Stabilizer). Instruction that came in with the kit is very vague. If anyone out there have installed one, i need your help.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

If anyone has info, I would like to know also.
Old Jun 27, 2004, 12:04 PM

I installed the HKS EIDS this morning. First off I will say the english instructions are horrible. Basically useless except for maybe the colors of the wires. The car runs fine with no problems. I haven't tested it much but it idles fine.

Here is the wires I used:

Note: check out RRE website for the ECU wiring diagram at:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...-ecuwiring.htm

Pin number 90 in the ecu: This is the Volume Air Flow Sensor Signal to the ECU. Here is where the White and Yellow wires are used. This kind of tricky. I had to use the Japanese instructions and box in conjunction with the English instructions. If you look on the box it says in English "IN" (from the wiring harness) for the white wire and "OUT" (to the ECU) for the yellow wire. Also note that the EIDS is the last thing in chain of wiring if you have a fuel computer -(Japanese instruction).

Pin number 84 in the ecu (Throttle Position Sensor Signal): This is the orange wire on the EIDS harness.

Blue w/ yellow stripe from radio harness: Red wire in the EIDS (note that this is a 12v that only comes on when the car is on - you should use a 12v light to check to make sure you have the right wire and after you have spliced the EIDS harness in you should check again).

I used a terminator that I soldered on the EIDS black wire (ground) and bolted it to the frame.

That about does it. I was very meticulous so it took me a long time to finish the job. If I was too vague or you have more questions/concerns/criticisms please post them. And I hope this helps.

James
Old Jul 2, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

wow these engish instructions suck big time...
Old Sep 7, 2004, 05:08 PM

anybody know how to locate the ecu and how it looks like?........ . or show how you install the eids with pictures?.... please let me know
Old Sep 7, 2004, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

I just ordered my EIDS...I will post a HOW-TO with pics this weekend, if you can wait that long.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 05:17 PM

could you just tell me how to locate the ecu and how i would take it out?
Old Sep 7, 2004, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

The ECU is located behind the glove box. Once removed, the ECU is simply accessed. If you really want to see the wires better, remove the screws holding the ECU bracket, and gently lower the ECU. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE IT OUT.

Use the above directions, ond/or included instructions.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

if you can do a how to it would be great.. i just got mine today and was planning on installing it soon
my question to you is. if i have an utec does how do i install it. i remember someone saying that it should go last in the chain.
thanks
Old Sep 8, 2004, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Can you wire the EIDS inline with an SAFCII? More specifically

MAF----->SAFCII Input--->SAFCII Output--->EIDS input--->EIDS output--->ECU

Why would the EIDS go before the fuel computer? Wouldn't we want to correct the air flow signal so that the SAFC would not be receiving the incorrect data?

I'm not sure this will work but would love to know if anyone has tried it.

Also, can you use the same ground and power splices on the wiring harness as the SAFCII or do you need new connections? How many devices can you place on this circuit before you exceed the amperage capacity of the line?
Old Sep 14, 2004, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

update??
Old Sep 15, 2004, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vletnguyen
update??
Man, work sucks!!!! Install postponed for at least two weeks. I will post pics and a how-to, but patience first.

Sorry.

I want the EIDS installed too, I don't wanna wait anymore either.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by co_evo
Pin number 90 in the ecu: This is the Volume Air Flow Sensor Signal to the ECU. Here is where the White and Yellow wires are used. This kind of tricky. I had to use the Japanese instructions and box in conjunction with the English instructions. If you look on the box it says in English "IN" (from the wiring harness) for the white wire and "OUT" (to the ECU) for the yellow wire. Also note that the EIDS is the last thing in chain of wiring if you have a fuel computer -(Japanese instruction).
i installed it, but i think i got it mixed up. i cant rev past 4.5k rpm
so the wire that comes from the car goes to the white wire, and the yellow goes to the ecu?
if so i did the opposite
can you confirm?
thanks
Old Oct 28, 2004, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by co_evo

i also installed it just like up there... and i also cant rev past 4.5 k rpm... why is that?... i got a dual horn vta bov. can someone tell me what i can do to fix this problem?... i would really appreciate it..
Old Oct 28, 2004, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

the white and yellow are reversed.. i fixed it a while ago. try that.

Quick Reply: HKS EIDs Install