Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Just installed A/F Gauge. Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2004, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed A/F Gauge. Questions?

I just installed my A/F Defi D gauge and i was wondering what the normal reactions of the gauge should say while I am driving. I know its not accurate, but how does the needle move.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Obsoleteasian
I just installed my A/F Defi D gauge and i was wondering what the normal reactions of the gauge should say while I am driving. I know its not accurate, but how does the needle move.
The needle should be moving throughout the drive on accel or decell, basically to use as a guide when you accel you want the gauge to move rich and decell it will move lean and while idle or normal driving it will run at the 14.6+- range. You have to also realize that depending on how your car is tuned the more accurate it will be. If you have a ebc with the gain set really high for a quick spool it my not move much because of the narrow band signal being small so don't worry. Otherwise it should move some and be in the ballpark. I am sure you are just using as a guide so this will atleast get you in the normal range for everyday use so you know what to expect. Hope it helps.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Yes this helps a lot. My needle spends most of its time at 14.5 and it will wig out and up and back down.. but i was just wondering if 14.5 was nominal which it seems to be. thanks for explanation