Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

How to Drain Fuel from Tank?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2004, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to Drain Fuel from Tank?

For my last autocross, I filled the car with about 8 gallons of 100 octane unleaded. I only used about 3 gallons between the racing and commute from home to the track and back. I'd like to drain and save the expensive ($6.00/gallon) fuel for the next race in a couple of weeks.

The fuel tank sits forward of the rear axle, underneath the rear seat. There is what appears to be a small (~3/8") drain on the forward corner of the drivers side of the tank. But, with the tank so far forward is is impossible to get a gas can under the drain using just jackstands.

I also tried getting a hose down through the gas filler neck, but could never get it to the fuel. There must be some kind of baffle in the way.

Short of buying a new oil drain pan, dedicated to fuel removal, does anybody else have any ideas of how to drain the fuel out of the tank? I don't need to get it all out, just down to where the reserve light comes on.

Mark
Old Aug 17, 2004, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Run some tubing from the FPR to a gas can and let the car idle.