Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

DIY: Harness Install..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIY: Harness Install..

I made this for NASIOC/IWSTI, but I figure our brothers from the Dark Side could have it too..

DISCLAIMER: Use of this DIY is for informative purposes only. Neither writer nor forum owner assumes liability for any results from using this DIY. Harness installs are very important, and should only be done by a qualified technician. Serious injury, up to and including death, can result from improperly installed harnesses. CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Tools:
Ratchet w/ 12mm and 14mm sockets
Big Screwdriver
Adjustable wrench

Installing Lap Belts/Snap In Shoulder Belts:

Start off by opening hte back door.

Use a 12mm socket to remove the seat bottom. Remove the bolts at the front of the seat, lift up, and pull the back towards you. Get that out of there. Remove that sill plate also.

Remove these bolts with a 14mm socket.

Replace them with the eye bolts. Add locktite. Use a screwdriver or adjustable wrench to tighten.

Remove this bolt with a 14mm socket. It is at the base of the B-pillar. You might also have to remove the front sill plate, and the B-pillar cover.

Put the bracket the lap belt (one without the buckle) between the B-pillar and the stock seat belt. Put hte bolt back, tighten, PLEASE! Use locktite also.

Put that back together.

Remove this trim piece.

Remove this bolt with a 14mm socket.

Put the bracket between the car and the seat base. Tighten the bolt. Remember to use locktite!

Put the trim panel back into place.

Snap your shoulder belts back into place. Remember, your belts have to cross behind the seat, so the outside belt gets snapped into the inside eye bolt.

Put your seatback into place.

Remember, the ASM belt goes on the INSIDE shoulder. The bucket stays attached to the INSIDE lap belt.

Wrapping Snap In/Bolt In clips into harness:

Clips, and 3 Bar Slides. Shown are the 3" shoulder belts of my Schroth ProfiII ASM FEs...the logos of the harness are facing UP throughout this section of the DIY..

Start with the 3 bar slide 12" from the end...

Fold the Corners of the end over, and slide on the clip.

Slide the clip all the way down to the 3-Bar Slide..note that is has not moved in relation to the harness..

Thread it through this hole..

Thread it through this hole..

Flip it back and thread it through this hole..

It should look like this..

MSPaint version..Black is the 3-Bar Slide..Blue is the clip..

Wrapping Harness around a Paint Can (may also be used for a Harness Bar!):

Start with the 3-Bar Slide about 16" from the end of the strap.

Pull the slide as close as possible to the bar. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! The further the bar ends up from the slide, the more you risk slippage under pressure.

The end of the strap should be AT LEAST 4" from the edge of the slide. Here I have 5"

There..I tried. Any questions just ask. These are the Schroth Profi II ASM FE 4-points..