Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Need Help: Battery (+) cable to trunk on Evo9

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help: Battery (+) cable to trunk on Evo9

Hi,

i need some help. just bought a new amplifier. But i have no idea how to get the positive (+) battery cable into the trunk/inside of the car. Can somebody please help me?

thanks a lot and greets from germany!
Alex
Old Jul 6, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I routed a battery cable out over the front fender beside the air filter/then under the fender, through the grommet at the left front door, under the door sills and out under the rear seat to the trunk.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
See if you can get it through the firewall through a factory grommet. I routed mine across the engine bay to the passenger side and through a factory grommet. It looks much cleaner than running it over the front fender. Ill admit that getting it through a grommet is a PITA but the end result will be worth it!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes of course use the right front grommet, I couldn't because thats where I had the negative wire run. there is enough room under the door sills.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nothere
yes of course use the right front grommet, I couldn't because thats where I had the negative wire run. there is enough room under the door sills.
Wait you ran the - back to the amp...... thats what it sounds like and you deff dont need to do that you just run it from the amp to any bolt in the back of the car...

I Ran My + From the batt under the sway bar to the pass side down and under the car and throught the frame and into the passenger side floor board where your feet rest. Then into the side pannels and into the trunk under the rear seat. Vary easy to do took me a little over a hour to install a whole system from headunit back. My ground go's from the amp to a bolt in the trunk!

Just pull back the carpet for the passenger foor rest and there will be a plug just cut it and run the wire through it and after installing it all I cant even tell there is a whire there no bumps and I have 0 wire.